Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking a highly motivated cell culture research associate to lead and coordinate all in-sourced and out-sourced cell culture activities. The cell culture research associate will collaborate extensively with other scientists across the company to ensure all cell culture needs are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and culture a diverse range of cell lines with strong aseptic technique to support needs of fellow scientists.
- Count, expand, and seed cells.
- Monitor cell line passage numbers and perform regular tests to prevent contamination and cell line cross-over.
- Receive, expand, and freeze new cell lines.
- Organize and maintain liquid nitrogen cell bank.
- Develop and oversee scheduling process to ensure cells are expanded and delivered on time to meet experimental needs of the organization.
- Perform large scale RNA purifications from cells.
- Perform lysate collections.
- Perform various molecular biology techniques, including RNA-seq and RACE.
- Maintain a high-quality lab notebook.
- BS in Biology or related field
- 2+ years with direct cell culture experience (industry/academic)
- Excellent aseptic technique required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and an ability to work effectively across diverse and cross-functional teams while balancing the needs of internal customers is required.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize are required.
- Track record of developing SOPs and implementing organizational methods related to cell culture is preferred.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR, RNA-seq and RACE, is preferred.
- Experience with sequencing platforms, especially the Illumina platform, is preferred.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.