United Way of Connecticut - Rocky Hill, CT
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for help. We help people find and access the health and human services they need, including food, shelter, and other basic needs. We respond in the event of weather emergencies, natural disasters and family and personal crises of any kind. We assist parents and caregivers with finding the best child care for their family. If you’re an individual who wants to make a difference in the communities we serve, we have a Tableau Developer position open on our Business Intelligence team.
We’re looking for a self-starter who can work independently over a wide-breadth of responsibilities and projects as well as possess excellent analytical and research skills and a high level of accuracy. As a Tableau Developer, you will create and maintain Tableau visualizations. This is a client-facing position that requires exceptional communication skills to gather requirements, clarify understanding of those requirements, communicate status, and resolve issues with minimal management involvement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Works with various departments to elicit, identify, and analyze their internal and external data needs.
- Works with various departments to develop and deliver clear, concise and comprehensive Tableau visualizations, dashboards, reports, and user interfaces from various datasets and to identify patterns and trends.
- Manages the administration of the Tableau environment.
- Designs and implements calculations, perspectives, hierarchy structures, score cards, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with intuitive and interactive visualizations to assist with data-driven decisions.
- Interact with business and technical personnel to solve complex data-related business and technical problems.
- Works with UWC’s Business Intelligence group to identify data extracts for use in the company’s on-line Tableau environment.
- Maintains, updates, and improves existing reports/dashboards.
- Adheres to established development standards and protocols.
The Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Status: Temporary-to-Hire (Full-Time)
Compensation: $70,000 per year
Benefits (after temporary period):
• An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $5,600 annually).
• 25 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
• 10 paid holidays per year.
• Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
• Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
Job Grade: 18
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or a minimum of 5 years’ development experience creating data visualizations using tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Experience with Tableau, affording the ability to develop dashboards, reports, and other data visualizations.
- A solid understanding of SQL, rational databases, normalization, and star/snowflake schemas.
- Expertise in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience gathering and translating business requirements from stakeholders to prototype potential dashboards and deliver finished BI artifacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present technical details so both technical and non-technical audiences understand content.
- Strong analytic mindset with the ability to decompose complex problems into simpler components.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to become an expert in the lines of business needs, including their data and reporting needs, and develop their trust.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully complete tasks and multiple projects independently as well as collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS February 29, 2020
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.