Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Corporate Development team. This position will have broad responsibilities across finance, product development, business development and program management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary business development contact and provide support strategic, financial and negotiation support for the Head of BD.
- Research and evaluate therapeutic area strategies, target product profiles and target assessment and make recommendations to the leadership team.
- Organize and drive program timelines and budget forecasting; Provide analysis for internal capital allocation decisions and capital raising strategy;
- Develop presentations for Business Development, Investor Relations and the Board of Directors as needed.
- Support CEO / CSO in a range of business functions that include establishing product development collaborations, evaluating & negotiating technology out-licensing agreements, and corporate fund-raising activities.
- Provide alliance management support as necessary.
- Ph.D. in sciences with experience in financial modeling and strategic analysis.
- Previous Life Science / Pharmaceutical experience, venture capital, banking or management consulting required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively across diverse and cross-functional teams, under critical timelines and while balancing the needs of internal customers is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving are required.
- Can-do attitude, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent initiative, organization, planning and project management skills are required.
- Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting preferred.
- Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated record of collaboration and successfully leading cross functional teams through strategic analyses.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds, etc.).
- A habit of excellence, self-sufficiency, creative problem solving, and ability to execute in a fast-paced, results-orientated work environment.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, including experience building financial models and running/interpreting advanced analyses.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.