Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide 1:1 behavior intervention services in the clinic for children with autism spectrum disorder and their families.
• Implement educational and clinical behavioral programs as directed by the Outpatient Behavior Analyst
• Collect data, as directed by the Outpatient Behavior Analyst, during every session
• Collaborate with Outpatient Behavior Analyst in developing individualized goals and objectives for clinic-based programs for each individual on caseload
• Maintain and modify client materials (e.g., data notebooks, teaching materials) as directed by the Outpatient Behavior Analyst and VIA policy
• Conduct caregiver training as necessary
• Attend regular team meetings with the Outpatient Behavior Analyst to review client progress
• Complete all necessary documentation in a timely and satisfactory manner as requested by Supervisor
• Maintain a billable caseload of as required by the program director hours per week and document billable hours according to VIA policy and state and federal regulation
• Employee comes to work when scheduled
• Attends meetings as scheduled by supervisor and administrative staff
• Maintains weekly schedule and communicates availability to entire outreach team as required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or experience in Psychology, Education, Social Work, Behavioral Science, Human Development or related field
• Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training completed within 90 days from start date in position
• Minimum of six months of experience working with children (special needs preferred)
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States of America
• Valid driver’s license
The position may involve working with students who exhibit challenging and/or aggressive behavior and participation in community outings.
The ability to move independently throughout a wide range of environments, some of which may not be wheelchair or otherwise handicapped accessible, is required. Independent transportation to locations that may not be served by public transportation may be necessary.
Amount of Time: Continuously (67%-100%) Frequently (34%-66%) Occasionally (10%-33%) Rarely (1%-9%)
Crawling : Continuously
Kneeling : Occasionally
Carrying: Medium weight, 20-50 lbs.
Lifting: Medium weight, 20-50 lbs.