Are you interested in helping people and businesses grow? Woodruff — a collection of forward-thinking marketing professionals — is looking for an open-minded, accountable and proactive human resources specialist to join our fast-paced team of creative problem-solvers. The human resources specialist mainly focuses on recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new employee owners. This role will also assist the human resources manager with administrative tasks such as filing, record-keeping and other HR functions.
We’re looking for someone that, like all of our employees, is committed to delivering extraordinary outcomes. This person should have excellent interpersonal and time management skills, as well as a bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field, or equivalent experience. We ask that they also have at least two years of HR or related experience and current SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification is preferred.
This person could work out of the Columbia, MO, Kansas City, MO, or Minneapolis, MN office.
The HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST mainly focuses on recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new employee owners. This role will also assist the human resources manager with administrative tasks such as filing, record-keeping and other HR functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with directors and hiring managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Develops and grows an on-line presence for hiring and recruiting needs.
- Arranges telephone, video or in-person interviews.
- Collects feedback after the interview process to determine next steps.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants and staff, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Checks candidates references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds.
- Collects and analyzes data to maintain current understanding of fair and competitive market salaries, candidate availability, and demand for candidates in particular fields.
- Organizes and attends job fairs, campus events and other networking opportunities. Develops relationships with schools and professional organizations that relate to our business and clientele.
- Tracks status of candidates in our applicant tracking system and maintains contact with candidates throughout the hiring process.
- Prepares new-employee files and schedules new hire orientations.
- Assists the human resources manager with HR duties as needed including, but not limited to, filing, record keeping and other HR duties.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with aptitude in conducting interviews.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, including but not limited to, recruiting, talent management, and employment law.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
How leaders act on a daily basis as they seek to implement the company’s vision and strategic priorities, strive to fulfill the brand promise and live up to the value. Everyone can be a leader.
- Open-minded and active listener
- Continually grows people and business
- Truthful and transparent
- Decisive and accountable
- Forward thinking
- Proactive and communicates in a positive manner
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of human resources or related experience required.
- Current SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification preferred.