Center City Housing Corp. is a statewide leader and innovator of affordable supportive housing, and at CCHC we believe that affordable housing isn’t just a place to live, it’s a place where life can start moving forward.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
The Case Manager position actively participates in carrying out the mission of CCHC by providing direct support to tenants of a supportive housing apartment building serving homeless adults and/or chronic public inebriates. The Case Manager provides direct services as a member of a team and implements the program goals based on "Housing First" and "Harm Reduction" philosophies. This position will assist the Site Director with general operation of the building including all aspects of tenant case management.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Understand “Housing First" and "Harm Reduction" philosophies and apply to specific duties.
2. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team to effectively advocate for tenants.
3. Provide daily tenant advocacy and support including encouragement of goal completion.
4. Initiate and participate in tenant/staffing meetings to implement Harm Reduction strategies, tenant follow up, progress notes and record keeping.
5. Assist Site Director to resolve and document tenant grievances, issues, and lease violations.
6. Create, facilitate, recruit, and document tenant sober activities, special events, and supportive programming.
7. Respond to building alarms, emergencies, and disturbances in an appropriate and timely manner.
8. Networking with other providers within limits of confidentially.
9. Develop and maintain tenant case files.
10. Assist tenants in understanding the responsibilities associated with housing and explain how it is imperative to abide by lease and house rules and assist them as needed.
11. Maintain a working relationship with other providers and community members who come in contact with homeless persons with addictions and mental health issues.
12. Assist tenants to obtain health services, social services, professional counseling, and financial benefits.
13. Teach or refer for needed independent living skills.
14. Inform tenants of available mental health services and assist in obtaining those services.
15. Complete assessments and tenant surveys.
16. Work closely with Site Director in collection of tenant data.
17. Demonstrate ability to prioritize and complete all job duties efficiently.
18. Attend and participate with routine staff meetings.
19. Maintain professional expertise through staff training and development opportunities.
20. Respond to and resolve issues of controversy that may arise between tenants and/or guests using non-violent crisis intervention strategies.
21. Manage difficult tenant issues by de-escalating potentially volatile situations and seeking additional help, including police assistance as needed.
22. On call as needed.
The Case Manager must be able to work independently and effectively communicate with individuals and groups, advocate for tenants, complete progress notes and documentation as required, and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and community agencies. This position requires flexibility in schedule. Degree in related field preferred with at least one year of experience working with population. This position requires a valid driver's license and dependable transportation. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
• Ability to read, analyze, and complete documentation required by government agencies and communicate through speaking, listening, and writing effectively with tenants and outside agencies.
• The person in this position must possess reading, writing and basic computer skills that will allow him/her to log information and maintain information systems.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse tenants and staff.
• Regular attendance, reliability, and punctuality.
• Available to respond to occasional property or tenant emergencies
• Sensitivity and effectiveness when dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs.
Center City Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.