Since 1950, Steindler Orthopedic Clinic has remained the dedicated leader in providing exceptional orthopedic care to patients suffering from bone, joint, and muscle conditions and injuries. At Steindler Orthopedic Clinic, we know that our employees are our best assets when it comes to providing exceptional orthopedic care to our patients. It is for this reason that we are dedicated to hiring the most skilled and highly qualified staff to uphold our standards of care.
Steindler Orthopedic Clinic is currently seeking a Physician Liaison.
The Physician Liaison at Steindler Orthopedic (SOC) drives the promotion and marketing of the organization to potential referring physicians, prospective patients and the community at large. The successful candidate will develop and implement the strategy for strengthening relationships with referring physicians and case managers and develop programs to educate the community. S/he will be the central point of contact for SOC’s physician-to-physician communications. The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently in the field, collaboratively with staff, the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, demonstrated sales and customer service skills, strong analytic skills and organizational skills. This candidate should have demonstrated competency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word, and the ability to prioritize, exercise excellent judgment, all while remaining current on relevant changes within the healthcare environment.
Under the direction of the President and CEO, the Physician Liaison:
• Develops strategic relationships with community-based referring physician practices and case managers with the goal of volume growth and retention.
• Supports, implements and helps develop strategic marketing plans and forecasts to achieve objectives set by SOC’s Executive Team.
• Coordinates with doctors, clinical, and operational functions to ensure sufficient communication and support for marketing and outreach activities.
• Complete face-to-face sales meetings with physicians and practice managers, ensuring that a thorough understanding is gained regarding the physicians' desires and needs.
• Visits referring physician offices with company information and promotional material for SOC, in order to build effective referral relationships. Analyzes referral patterns and competitive landscape to create and execute an efficient canvassing strategy, using an existing database of targeted physicians.
• Prepares monthly analysis of patient volume trends, marketing results and opportunities to expand referral base (or services) and presents to executive management.
• Manages and monitors feedback from social media, surveys and web commentary other group practices via designated software and provides actionable insights needed to increase patient engagement, improve operations and drive sustainable bottom-line results.
• Functions collaboratively with management, physicians, and staff to resolve issues, understand modalities and services, meet customer expectations, and increase referrals. Responsible for communications to and from referring offices, including conflict resolution, relationship building and compliance.
• Coordinates and delivers professional presentations for in-services, seminars, open houses, tours and group meetings.
• Represents SOC at health fairs, medical symposia, area business, and medical society meetings.
• Introduces SOC physicians to local referring physicians.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position.
• Must possess good time management skills and be customer and results-oriented.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Healthcare, or a related field and related work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
• Prior experience in a similar capacity with knowledge of the Eastern Iowa health market is strongly preferred.
• An understanding of orthopedics is preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
• The position is 40 hours per week depending on the candidate, experience and qualifications, and scheduling needs. EOE.