Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Community Engagement
Department: Community Engagement/Community Care
Exemption Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Summary: The Community Engagement Coordinator will plan, coordinate, and implement programs and events which provide community engagement and communication opportunities primarily for the clients we serve, as well as the Team Members of Hammersmith®.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation, execution, and overall management of internal and external events.
• Create, develop, and present Lifestyle Service programs for groups of stakeholders.
• Responsible for the income and revenue streams of Lifestyle Services, which includes managing all expense items, making adjustments as needed, and maintaining the net profit.
• Establish relationships with service providers, external clients, key business partners, and Hammersmith® employees.
• Ensure client satisfaction and draw business by partnering with vendors, participating in public relations opportunities, attending board meetings and orientations, and supporting sales and marketing efforts.
• Schedule and provide direction and oversight for event staff, when applicable.
• Assist Community Care with tasks during off-peak periods of time.
• Act as a Brand Ambassador and assist other departments as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
• Knowledge of sales techniques and an aptitude to work effectively with diverse individuals
• Skill in delivering excellent customer service
• Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
• Skill in organization and analytics
• Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
• Ability to utilize different computer software
• Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines (includes nights and weekends)
• Ability to develop and maintain a strong rapport with clients, coworkers, and business leaders
• Ability to demonstrate tenacity and a strong determination in achieving both company and personal goals/objectives
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to travel to locations in Colorado
Education and Experience:
• Four-year degree preferred
• Experience in event planning, hospitality, or food and beverage required
• Valid Colorado Driver License
• Internal and external client satisfaction
• Schedule and confirm all events including creating site maps, event checklists, staff, event information in our database, and purchase food, décor, and supplies
• Acquire sponsorships for events, when needed
• Maintain all event equipment and vehicle(s) in a clean and organized manner
• Ensure services and contracts are clear and do not lapse
• Meet all deadlines, including providing timely invoices, coding, and requests for information
• Provide clear and timely communication with Board Members, Committee Members, Team Members, and Vendors
• This position operates in both a professional office setting with usage of standard office equipment and at on-site locations. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions. The work environment is also subject to loud noises and vibration due to equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently engage in different types of movement, such as; climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position may require frequent lifting of light to heavy weight objects.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more!
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EXTERNAL RECRUITING/STAFFING AGENCIES, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT