Position Type: Part-Time Seasonal - Hourly
Schedule varies week to week-hours ranging from 20-35
Timing: Late April through September with the potential to stay on for fall and winter
Supervisor: Recreation and Adventure Program Senior Manager
The Recreation and Adventure department consists of a large and dynamic team that works together to provide a variety of different programs which includes adaptive water skiing, wake boarding and wake surfing at the Jordanelle Reservoir.
Water sports programs are offered to both individuals and groups who may be participating one time or returning on a weekly, monthly or annual basis. The Water Sports Specialist is responsible for pre-program planning, program delivery, excellent customer service, and post program wrap up of our water sports programs.
- Oversee all water sports programs including training, student assessment, teaching progression, staff development, individual lessons, group programs and water ski camps
- Provide high level equipment selection and proper fittings for participants
- Maintain a high level of risk management and safety for individuals and staff during water sports programs
- Ability to manage, organize, and delegate during large groups and multi-day camps, focusing on skill development and safety.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe working environment
- Minimum age 21 years old
- 2+ years professional experience in water skiing, wakeboarding and/or wake surf instruction
- Competent trailer driver
- Valid drivers license, clean driving record
- Current CPR and First Responder certification, at minimum
- Ability to pass a background check
- Attend all required trainings starting in late May in Park City, UT
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Experience teaching adaptive water skiing, wakeboarding or wake surfing
- Group management and/or behavior management experience
- Relevant certifications [USA Adaptive Water Ski, First Responder, EMT]