About Our Continuity Cohort:
What: FLS continuity cohort hire is defined as an individual being hired as a full time teacher with temporary placement at a host school.
Why: Abrupt absences and/or vacancies arise throughout the school year and having a cohort of teachers within our organization who are ready and willing to “jump in” where needed is vital to doing what is best for kids - ensuring a teacher is teaching our kids at all times
How: Whenever a lead teaching vacancy arises, you may be shifted to fill the vacancy in the host school at which you are currently placed or another FLS school. When placed into a permanent role, you will complete the fiscal year in that role.
Who: We seek individuals who are flexible in grade level and content area placement and those who:
• Designs lessons that lead to standards mastery and are aligned to grade level expectations and end-of-year assessments
• Provides feedback to scholars by asking pertinent, scaffolded follow-up questions that affirm correctly understood content, clarify misunderstood content or extend scholars’ thinking
• Establishes effective classroom routines and manages students effectively without disruptions (redirect inappropriate behavior)
• Inspires and invests students in achieving their goals and in believing that goals are achieved through effort and not innate abilities
• Prepares scholars to solve complex problems with no obvious answer
• Seeks out and constructively responds to feedback from and engages in problem-solving with others
Education & Experience: