Circa, The Museum Store Sales Supervisor
FLSA Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum, Retail Department
Company Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum documents and interprets the history of country music—a musical genre and culture central to the identity of the city, the state, and the nation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, the museum proudly combines subject expertise, ambitious research, and preservation of an unparalleled collection with expressions of creativity in music, art, and history. The museum collects artifacts that illustrate the evolving history and traditions of country music while providing diverse learning opportunities. The core exhibit follows the story of country music from its folk beginnings through its emergence as a commercial art form. Rotating exhibits examine a broad range of topics, from country classics to ultra-contemporary and emerging artists in American Currents. The museum owns Hatch Show Print, a letterpress print shop opened in 1879, and it operates Historic RCA Studio B, where Elvis Presley and many others recorded.
Departmental Overview: The retail department includes 3 independent retail locations and an art gallery within the museum building, with a total of 8,800 square feet of selling space. E-commerce, wholesale and product development are key to the business. The department generates revenue through the sales of goods that provide vital operating revenue for the museum.
The Circa, The Museum Store Sales Supervisor will assist with leading a team of a Key Holders and Sales Associates alongside the Circa, The Museum Store Manager to ensure the highest standards of customer service and merchandise presentation while achieving budgetary sales and expense goals.
Specific Job Duties:
- Establish a working relationship with all store staff and fellow Museum staff to support company initiatives and objectives.
- Bring positive recognition to CMHOF’s brand through professionalism, enthusiastic attitude and effective communication.
- Protect the security of cash, inventory, and other assets according to company guidelines and directives.
- Perform operational duties in order to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise, and develop product knowledge among selling staff.
- An assertive approach to problem-solving.
- Assist Key Holders with opening and closing procedures (Manage bank deposits, the balance point of sale drawers)
- In the absence of a Key Holder, complete opening and closing procedures.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Maintain a "team-oriented" outlook.
- Uphold our superior level of customer service.
- Model superlative guest interaction for sales and sales supervisory staff.
- Coordinate with Circa, Museum Store Manager to ensure optimal staffing levels in each location; participate in the hiring and interview process for Sales Associates.
- Write and manage staff schedules.
- Coordinate with Inventory Control Coordinator to ensure proper movement of goods to the sales floor.
- Alert Circa, Museum Store Manager of product needs, communicating merchandise issues in order to keep in-stock as needed and planned.
- Train new store associates which includes but is not limited to register training, customer service training, policy training and more.
- Work with Circa, Museum Store Manager to maintain a cohesive merchandising and display strategy for each location creating and appealing, dynamic and appropriate visual and sales-generating impact.
- Supervise, coach and counsel store team to ensure customer service excellence.
- Strategize, react and implement in order to maximize sales and meet or exceed sales and expense budgets.
- Meet sales goals by analyzing available sales reports and data with Circa, Museum Store Manager to determine the needs of the business.
- Set individual sales goals for associates, ensuring goals reflect store business goals.
- Continuously motivate staff to meet assigned sales and productivity goals.
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor.
- Ensure loss prevention and safety policies are being followed.
- Assign daily operational responsibilities and tasks and sets expectations for store team.
- Manage store staff performance by assigning responsibilities, setting goals and expectations, observing performance, providing feedback and giving recognition.
- Addresses issues and discipline store staff; develop employee performance plans and follows up according to deadlines.
- High School Graduate
- At least 2 - 4 years’ retail experience
- A strong background in customer service and sales
- A proven track record of delivering results
- College degree or college courses in a related field
- 1 – 2 year’s supervisory experience in a retail environment a plus
- At least 1 - 2 years’ experience with retail merchandising
- Strong customer service skills
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Knowledge of country music a plus
- Knowledge of Counterpoint sales system
- Knowledge of musical instruments (Especially guitars) a plus
Essential Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and abilities needed for success in the position):
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Upbeat and energetic
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Weekend and evening availability
- Demonstrates empathy and a sense of ownership, actively striving to make another's experience better
- Strong coaching skills
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Hands-on, initiator, and hard worker
- High performer, driven through self-motivation and agility
- A team player
- Ethical, honest and accountable
- Attention to detail
Conditions of Employment:
- Punctuality and reliability
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and some holidays
- Standing required for almost the entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
- Must pass a background check
Notes to Applicant:
- Due to the high volume of applications received for these positions hiring managers may only contact you if they are interested in scheduling an interview. Please refrain from calling to inquire about your status in the search.
- Please upload a resume, cover letter, when you applying for the position
- Applications are only accepted online on our career page https://countrymusichalloffame.org/index.php/contentpages/employment