Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey!
Meridian has a proud history dating back almost 70 years. Over the decades, we have grown from a small aircraft maintenance business into a full-service private aviation company. Along the way, we have learned that exceptional customer service is what our customers value most. That philosophy, along with our dedication to putting safety first, is the cornerstone of our culture at Meridian. We are proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our outstanding service and high safety standards, but that wouldn't be possible without the great people that we hire.
This position assists our internal and external customers and clients with their service requests in a professional and friendly manner that reflects positively on Meridian Teterboro and the Meridian Family. The Line Service Manager maintains a safe and secure facility by performing the below listed duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work as a team with all department managers to ensure that our customers’ experience meets our mission statement.
- Oversee the Line Service Department’s coordination with the Customer Service Department to ensure all aircraft/customers receive correct services including but not limited to fuel, lavatory, potable water, oil(s), catering, luggage, and special requests in a safe and timely manner.
- Help to resolve customer service and operational challenges.
- Oversee and ensure facility and operational, safety.
- Oversee and ensure that ground services, including, but not limited to, fueling, hangar/ramp capacity control, operational procedures during all hours and all weather conditions are safely achieved.
- Oversee the management of departmental equipment and supplies to ensure it remains in a safe and working condition through record keeping.
- Be available during inclement weather or as needed by operational demand.
- Ensure line service operations and practices meet federal, state, airport, and agency requirements through best practices as outlines in NATA, FAA, NFPA and IS-BAH.
- Ensure fuel quality control by maintaining a safe, clean, and functioning fuel farm, fuel trucks, and records.
- Insist and ensure all ramp operations are safe, professional, customer-centric, and orderly.
- Oversee the Line Service Safety and Training staff .
- Maintain currency and be able to assist with Ramp Operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for complying with and participating in Meridian’s Safety Management System, IS-BAH, and OSHA training and program(s).
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Oversee and manage the line service, staff including but not limited to daily operations, training, performance, interviewing, and scheduling, and payroll.
- Engage in productive problem solving by coaching, counseling, and advising staff regarding work related issues.
- Provide guidance and direction for employees and assist in their professional development.
- As directed by Upper Management, maintain fiscal focus on departmental expenditures, labor costs, and operational demands.
- Liaison with Airport Management and Industry Professional.
- Serve as senior management in the absence of the upper management.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of two years of college courses completed (recommended)
- Valid state driver’s license
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Five years related experience and/or training; including military and/or airline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be resourceful and highly constructive in dealing with new situations
- Able to perform the work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions
- Physically able to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- This position requires the use of a personal cell phone.
Certificates and Licenses:
- AST Line Service Training Course
- NATA Supervisor Training Course
- Clean, valid, current driver’s license
- CDL license
Technical or Specialized Equipment or Machines:
- A/C Tow Equipment
- Operate heavy machinery (snow equipment)
- A/C Refuelers
Work schedule is Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places, and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Equal opportunity is afforded to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Your rights under employment laws:
EEOC is the Law Posters: