Why choose Ideal Option?
Ideal Option is a national leader in office-based medication-assisted treatment for addiction to opioids and other substances. Ideal Option has been working on the front lines of the opioid epidemic since our founders – two ER physicians – opened the first clinic in 2012. We value our patients and our employees.
We treat our employees like we would want to be treated ourselves: with respect and compassion.
We value teamwork and support open, transparent communication.
What we offer:
• a dynamic business culture,
• comprehensive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability options,
• paid time off and paid holidays.
The Role: Medical Coder
How you'll contribute to the success of Ideal Option:
The Medical Coder performs accurate coding and billing services within the billing department.
This position reports to the Billing Operations Manager or the Coding Supervisor and works collaboratively with a highly effective team.
Our ideal candidate is:
Professional with strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, verbal and written. Someone who maintains good work habits, good attendance and punctuality. Ability to work independently and great problem solving skills.
Primary Responsibilities: The following functions have been determined by Ideal Option to be essential to the successful performance of this position which includes but is not limited to:
• Reviews documentation and assigns appropriate ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes.
• Assigns appropriate primary diagnosis after deciding what was chiefly responsible for the encounter.
• Assigns appropriate modifiers according to guidelines. This includes and isn’t limited to deciding when the modifiers are appropriate to add onto CPT codes.
• Finalizes the appropriate data for accounts. This includes but isn’t limited to assigning dates of service and physician names to appropriate procedures that were performed during the encounter and finalizing the account when completed.
• Clarifies documentation or diagnosis by communicating with the physician. This includes but isn’t limited to:
o Decides clarity needed.
o Sends a query to the physician.
o Follows up after the physician answers the question and assign appropriate codes.
• Maintains knowledge of current billing rules and trends for billing types assigned by attending seminars, workshops and watching webinars.
• Meets Ideal Option’s core values of efficiency and accuracy.
• Ensures weekly, monthly, and quarterly department goals are met.
• Represents Ideal Option professionally and with a positive attitude.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask, learn quickly, and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to problem solve
• High School Diploma or GED.
• A minimum of one-year experience with physician coding.
• AAPC Credential: CPC or CPC-A.
• A knowledge of chemical dependency and its effects on individuals, families, and communities is required.
• Excellent proficiency with Microsoft product suite and Internet.
AAPC Credential: CPC or CPC-A