About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 185 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington DC and Tempe, Arizona
As a key member of the Corporate Management team, the Controller will report to the CFO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of accounting processes. The Controller is responsible for the oversight of the general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial statement preparation and analysis. S/he is accountable for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information, analyzing financial data, and managing the daily activities of the accounting department.
- Participate with the Corporate Management Team in establishing financial objectives, operational plans, strategic plans, and policies.
- Implement financial plans, policies, procedures, and practices within the firm that support the corporate plans and objectives
- Assure the full communication, understanding, and adherence to financial operating policies and procedures at staff and departmental levels.
- Assist in maintaining the firm’s relationships with professional services providers such as bankers, independent auditors, insurance agents, plan administrators, and vendors.
- Develop internal controls to safeguard assets, ensure validity of financial reporting, promote adherence to policies and procedures, and promote effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Develop accounting practices that incentivize collaboration.
- Assist in preparing annual revenue projections and expense budgets.
- Assist in benchmarking, monitoring, and analyzing firmwide and departmental metrics.
- Monitor and analyze actual financial performance compared to financial budgets.
- Communicate monthly operating results and their effect on the financial aspects of the firm.
- Work closely with operating units and project accounting to assure proper revenue recognition and prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Manage annual financial review, 401k audit, and ESOP audit with outside accounting firm, providing documentation and oversight of year-end financial statements.
- Assist in assuring that all GAAP and legal requirements for recordkeeping/reporting are met.
- Act as a resource to management with regard to financial matters.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the month end close process, daily cash management, and all related department functions.
- Work closely with the IT department and CFO to maintain and enhance the usage of the accounting information system (Deltek).
- Prepare and present annual performance reviews for all accounting/finance staff.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the architecture or engineering industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Proficiency in a Windows environment is essential. Experience working in Deltek is preferred.
Why Work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.