Under direction of the Commercial Lines Sales Manager, the Contract Surety Account Executive (commonly referred to as “Producer” in the industry) is responsible for driving new business sales revenue growth, as well as retaining assigned book of contract surety business. A successful candidate would be an applicant that can not only pursue and close sales of new and existing contract surety accounts, but can promote Bender Insurance Solutions’ public image by effectively performing the following responsibilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with prospective and existing clients to develop positive business relationships.
- Maximize account growth by recommending and adding all appropriate lines of coverage to meet the clients business and risk management objectives.
- Provide quotes and make sales appointments with prospects.
- Work with bond account manager to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Develop and execute annual Account Executive sales and marketing plan.
- With the assistance of the Brand Manager, implement email and direct mail campaigns to support company branding and prospect appointment strategy.
- Invite prospects and current clients to webinars, seminars and other Bender Insurance Solutions events.
- Maintain data entry into EPIC daily with notes, activities, policy info, info classes and data updates following company field definitions.
- Introduce service team to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned service team.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Be a visible leader in an industry and actively participate in industry associations, organizations, boards and charities, as appropriate.
- Be a spokesperson for Bender Insurance Solutions and our positive position in the risk management industry.
- Participate in on-going staff and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain knowledge of commercial lines carrier products and services.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.