Sr. SQL Developer
Our Mission: Protect Patients by Exposing the Truth and Empowering Choice
Healthcare Bluebook was founded on a simple, yet powerful idea: create fairness in the healthcare marketplace. The healthcare system makes it difficult to find information on quality and cost of care; this hidden information is putting patients at risk. By combining the best cost and quality data with industry-leading usability, Healthcare Bluebook provides people and organizations with everything they need to be more effective healthcare consumers. We’re bringing fair to healthcare.
Job Description: Sr. SQL Developer
We are seeking a Sr. SQL Developer who is eager to help us standardize, scale, optimize, and automate the processing of billions of rows of data used to power our transparency solution. You will collaborate with multiple analytics teams and learn how we've structured our data today and what it needs to look like in the future. Your expertise in SQL and other data processing tools will be critical in helping us decide the most efficient approach in allowing our analysts to maximize execution speed for production workflows and ad-hoc requests.
Critical Role Competencies: Sr. SQL Developer
- Become an expert in standardizing and scaling our SQL data warehouse used by our data analysts, date engineers, and data scientists
- Identify manual and inefficient data workflows within analytics; determine which ones could benefit from being implemented into our data warehouse
- Use additional tools such as PowerShell, Windows Task Scheduler, SQL Server Agent, and Redgate to automate our SQL data pipelines
- Review SQL code from other analysts on the team and provide performance optimization feedback
- Monitor our numerous ETL jobs and data syncs; troubleshoot when something breaks
- Document our production SQL workflows and educate other analysts and developers on those processes
- Work independently and take initiative
- Contribute to the ongoing development of analysis tools and processes
Qualifications: Sr. SQL Developer
- Bachelor’s degree or greater) or work experience in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, finance, or economics
- Data analysis experience
- 3 - 5 years of SQL development/architecture experience
- General understanding of how data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) connect to and interact with a data warehouse
- General understanding of the benefits and trade-offs of using an on-premise vs cloud-based (Azure, AWS, GCP) data warehouse
- Experience working with healthcare data (claims, eligibility, provider, etc.)
- Have a fanatical attention to detail
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation
- Naturally curious and passionate
Healthcare Bluebook Core Values
At Healthcare Bluebook we understand the importance of protecting data and we expect all employees to approach their roles with a clear focus on the security, availability, integrity, confidentiality and privacy of data.
- Substance Over Splash – Add real value
- Humility – Serve with gratitude
- Accountability – Do what we say we will
- Resourcefulness – Be resilient and agile with change
Healthcare Bluebook is an equal opportunity employer.