Alliance for Better Health (Alliance) promotes and fosters a remote work environment built upon resiliency, trust, and steadfast commitment to our mission of making communities healthier. Forward-thinking creativity and diverse experiences are highly valued. As an Albany Business Review Best Place to Work, we prioritize empowering our team to do their best work toward better health for all.
The Sr. Technical Solutions Architect plays a critical role bringing solution architecture and implementation experience to Alliance’s data team to further develop our data platform. No challenge should be too big – yet simplification and forward movement of delivery is essential. This person will be responsible for technology solution decisions, making sure that the solution quality is superior and data privacy management is strict.
Responsibilities include but are not limed to:
- Work collaboratively with the data warehouse architect and data analyst team to make sure that solutions meet the needs of our business with simplicity, speed and effectiveness in mind
- Create a technical blueprint that meets Alliance’s current needs and strategic objectives
- Provide input on data warehouse optimization opportunities and code changes, based on varying solution needs
- Stay abreast of the latest technology tools and platforms, weighing benefits and risks to implementation and use
- Estimate time and deliver expected outputs to those estimates
- Prioritize solution development efforts based on minimum viable product principles, working closely with product management and understanding internal and external customer needs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience required
- 8-10 years of experience in creating and implementing useful and user friendly technology solutions, bringing great value to Alliance and its customers
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Extensive technology experience; strong knowledge in the following:
- Data warehouse architecture, ETL optimization and automation
- SQL administration and Tableau analytics platform
- Ability to combine multiple data sources and code stored procedures
- Ability to understand and solve complex technical and selling situations
- Ability to guide and mentor team members to maximize skills
- Advanced industry certifications (e.g. CCIE/CCDP, ITIL, VTSP, Azure, AWS) a plus
- Understanding of Agile application development process
- Understanding of health care technology landscape and knowledge of NIST, FHIR and HIPAA guidelines while accessing external data sources will be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Develops constructive working relationships with others inside and outside the organization through cooperation and mutual respect.
- Integrity and Trust: Able to earn trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Is seen as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy and is known to consistently adhere to a set of core values that are represented in decisions and actions. Maintains commitments made to others. Respects and maintains confidentiality.
- Open Communication: Fosters open communication and listens to others objectively. Shares relevant information in a timely, logical, clear and consistent manner. Ensures information is passed on to others who should be kept informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises. Expresses oneself clearly and accurately in writing, speaking and when interacting with others.
- Change Management: Demonstrated willingness to take calculated risks to achieve organizational goals and effectiveness. Sees opportunities for creative problem solving and innovation while staying within the parameters of best practices. Recovers quickly from setbacks, adapts approach to achieve solutions in dynamic situations.
- Organizational Focus: Maintains focus and commitment to the mission, values and business strategies to find solutions that best serve the long-term vision of the organization. Maintains a commitment to goals and focuses on results and desired outcomes in the face of obstacles and frustrations.
- Self-Management: Able to self-evaluate in order to proactively and continuously improve one’s own behavior and performance. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight. Conducts oneself with confidence, flexibility and personal credibility.
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject to Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.