U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
Reporting to both the Director of Events and the Director of Brand and Fan Experience, the Manager of Special Projects will manage all aspects of delivery for a range of platforms and initiatives centered around U.S. Soccer’s biggest moments. As lead project manager, this person is responsible for project development, planning, and the successful execution of Federation initiatives around key platforms such as the FIFA World Cup Qualifying, FIFA World Cup, FIFA Women’s World Cup, Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, SheBelieves, etc.
• Help support strategic development and facilitate the brainstorm and ideation phase of development for both new and evolving platforms and tactics in alignment with U.S. Soccer’s mission, objectives and strategies
• Prepare and maintain budgets for each project
• Lead project teams including staffing, scheduling and overseeing regular planning and status meetings
• Source agencies and vendors to help in execution when applicable and manage communication and relationships with internal and external stakeholders including agencies, partners, consultants, etc.
• Coordinate cross-departmental collaboration to ensure project branding, promotion, communication, analytics, partnership integration, etc. are aligned and executed
• Work in collaboration with the internal Corporate Partnership department and external partner, Soccer United Marketing, to develop partnership opportunities around specific project tactics
• Conduct review process and proper close out at the conclusion of each project or event, including to ensure and manage necessary document retention and organization of project details
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least (5) years of experience working in project management and strategy
• Excellent organizational, planning and project management skill
• Experience sourcing and overseeing contracted vendors and agencies project work
• Ability to develop positive, professionally and collaborative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders such as management, staff, contractors, partners, etc.
• Ability to communicate in a consistently reliable and courteous manner at all times
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Operates efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to think critically and problem solve
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow while delivering high quality work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Takes action and shows initiative; displays a can-do attitude
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the year
• Able and willing to travel and work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays as necessary
• Passion for the sport and organization
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
• Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
• Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
• Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
• Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
• Open to criticism and does not make excuses
• Possess a tireless work ethic
• Wants to be part of a team that wins
• Has the ability to be firm but fair
• Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
• Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills