The primary function of this role is to manage and be accountable for achieving the forecasted sales and margin targets for the territory by developing and maintaining current business to business accounts and to consistently seek out and establish new business for the company.
• Achieve budgets, sales and margin targets
• Develop and manage territorial sales and forecasts
• Generate new business from both existing and new accounts; be objective and budget driven
• Prepare, propose, and implement an annual sales plan for the assigned territory
• Insure updates of sales and prospect list are reported monthly.
• Achieve a prospect close ratio as agreed upon with VP of Sales
• Must issue price increase activities as warranted, in a timely manner
• Must maintain and manage sales opportunities, contacts and prospects using current CRM
• Rigorous tradeshow preparation is mandatory; insure tradeshow meetings with new and existing customers are relevant and highly productive
• Follow up with VP of Sales on tradeshow prospects; bi-weekly progress reports are mandatory
• Improve quality of proactively generated quotes and improve closure rate as agreed upon with VP of Sales; measured by monthly scorecard
• Develop objectives, strategies, and tactics to improve market share
• Seek out and reports competitive information to effectively position our products
• Submit timely call reports via CRM, expense accounts, weekly prospect updates
• Ability to understand and meet necessary deadlines
• Must be willing and able to travel to customers by car or where justified by air
• Must be able to work out of a home office without supervision
• Minimum University Degree in Sciences or Business or equivalent
• Minimum 5+ years of sales experience in selling ingredients and knowledge of the dietary and nutritional supplement industry is required.
• Proven track record in maintaining business to business accounts, achieving and /or exceeding sales targets and developing new business
• Strong analytical ability
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Proven ability to work cross functionally with customers and customer service, tech service, procurement/quotes
• Strong leadership skills
• Results driven, strong work ethic
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to create and conduct presentations is required
• Proven experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Sound knowledge of contracting and negotiating
• Ability to identify stakeholders and to influence and manage changes internally and externally
• Willing to work a flexible schedule
• Valid driver license.
• Ability to travel up to 80%