The Network Engineer is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting LAN, WAN, and VoIP infrastructure. Provide high-level technical support for data and voice network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment procedure. The engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems. In addition to technical issues that have been escalated by the Technical Support Analyst and Installation support team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and support of the customer network infrastructure.
- Participate in the design, setup and configuration of complex L2/L3 switch infrastructure.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for the entire LAN (Local Area Network)
- Contribute to the ongoing development of network and security standards while adhering to best practices and procedures.
- Troubleshoot escalated tickets by the Technical Support Analyst and installation support team.
- Maintain, create and update all network documentation and topology diagrams.
- Configure and support multiple datacenters consisting of a Cisco Nexus LAN (L2/L3), ASR/ISR WAN, ASA firewalls, Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and other miscellaneous network appliances.
- Leverage multiple network monitoring tools to analyze network traffic patterns to proactively identify performance issues and account for capacity planning.
- Work with multiple vendors routinely for support, procurement of new hardware, feature enhancement and design strategy when required.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring and maintaining a L3 private IP MPLS carrier network via BGP peering as well as a sophisticated private BGP WAN topology. Full ownership of all WAN CE routers, configurations, QoS policies and ensuring stability of the network 24/7.
- Support ISP Internet connectivity for our customer from multiple carriers
- On a rotating basis, provide weekend hour coverage to respond to network related issues occurring either before or after support hours.
- When requested, attends IT meetings and scheduled teleconferences.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Prioritize service or project issues according to contracted SLA
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints in ConnectWise University
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
Required Professional IT Certifications and Experience
- BS Degree in the field of Computer Science at least 5 years equivalent work experience with certification.
- Certified in CCNA, CCNP, MCSE industry recognized IT certification or strong knowledge in Network & System will be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of network technologies such as VLAN, STP, LACP, MPLS, L2VPN, Routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF), DNS, Proxy, etc.
- Proven capability to handle network hardware such as Cisco routers, Ethernet switches & load Balancer, firewalls, Cisco wireless devices, DNS/DHCP (DDI), and etc.
- Experienced in Monitoring tools and administration of Windows Operating Systems
- Engineer must possess strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting skills and recommend next appropriate actions.
- Demonstrated Data Center/Sever room build out experience (Power, network, Cooling, etc)
- Engineer must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment where they need to work on numerous projects at once.
- A team player with strong customer-oriented attitude, interpersonal skills and works well in a multicultural workplace
- Self-discipline, self-starter, professional, who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance, and oversight
- Excellent time management skills that support a balance of strategic and tactical activities
- Display the professional qualities expected in the IT group and adopt a disciplined approach to problem solving
- Able to be on standby and perform downtime work during weekends and off-hours meeting
?*Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
*Please Note: BCS365 participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.