Special Education Teacher
Boys & Girls Village
• BGV is seeking certified Special Education Teachers for our K – 12 therapeutic school, Charles F. Hayden.
• Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
The Special Education Teacher functions as an instructional leader on a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. The Certified Special Education Teacher will be responsible for the assessment, planning, programming and provision of special education instruction in a milieu model of specialized services.
• Provide draft goals and objectives to PPT and Core Curriculum through engaging instructional experiences to promote student’s exploration of ideas and acquisition of the necessary knowledge to achieve their full potential.
• Develops and implements curriculum/materials which address individualized IEP goals and objectives.
• Attend all team meetings, teacher rounds, relevant training and seminars in an effort to exercise and promote the highest level of professional development and judgement.
• Formally and informally assesses child’s basic foundation of skills utilizing assessment results to determine educational needs and related modifications per PPT recommendation.
• Provide input into the development of the IEP, incorporating assessment (as described above) with appropriate services and curricula.
• Provide input into the development of the IEP in collaboration with sending school districts based on informal/formal testing, teacher observations and student performance.
• DSAP, Initial, Provisional or professional Connecticut State Special Education Teaching Certification is required.
• Previous experience working with special education students.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) Degree in Special Education
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Charles F. Hayden School is committed to serving children through a psycho-educational, clinically informed therapeutic milieu. Collaborative educational planning and placement teams including families and district personnel design Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) for every student.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
• Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including an option that is free to employees.
• Life insurance, short and long-term disability
• a 401K plan with employer contributions
• Generous benefit time
• A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer