At Support Services of Virginia (SSVA) helping others realize success is our passion. You will be joining a team that enthusiastically advocates for a positive and person-centered environment that results in successful experiences for all. SSVA has a long-standing reputation for integrity and teamwork.
SSVA continuously recruits new sponsor providers who want to open their homes for multi-year placements of one or two adult individuals with intellectual disabilities. Our sponsors are committed to helping others become active members of the community in a natural setting.
Becoming a sponsor means that you will be opening a small business as a sub-contractor with SSVA; sponsor are not employees. This role requires exceptional levels of personal responsibility, yet it can provide opportunities for greater self-determination and chances to share your own joys and interests. Sponsors are responsible for all aspects of the individual’s support needs. SSVA has a steady stream of individuals looking for sponsored homes and we are careful about matching people with homes that share their interests.
Becoming a sponsor means you are willing to:
• Provide detailed information about your lifestyle.
• Spend as long as 3 months to become fully certified.
• Complete needed trainings, offered at no cost to you.
• Cooperate with guidelines for your house to become a licensed site.
• Celebrate diversity; accept people who may have a wide variety of personalities and needs.
TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS
• Free training/certifications provided directly to sponsor and relief worker.
• Bonus system that rewards excellence.
• Payments equivalent to other providers.
• All electronic record.
• Well respected/connected company – strong referral stream. SSVA generally receives many more requests than we are able to provide sponsor homes for.
• Company leadership actively involved in state policy making and implementation.
• Open, advanced communication about upcoming changes in the system. We have always been “ahead of the curve.”
• Supports to develop and maintain your proficiency.
• 24 hours On Call supports as needed.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
SSVA is happy to contract with individuals, couples, partners or family groups (mother/daughter, etc). However, we prefer sponsor families who do not have any children younger than 12 years old. Sponsors must be 21 or older and have a HS diploma or GED. Sponsors should be active and engaged in the community. Sponsor candidates must have at least 6 months experience (career or life experience) working with individuals with Intellectual Disabilities – preferably adults. If you do not meet these requirements, we may be able to offer you options to work as a DSP in one of our other programs to gain the experience. It is possible for a relative of someone eligible for sponsored services to become a sponsor for them. However, there are stricter guidelines for qualifying than for those who sponsor non-related individuals. Sponsors should be comfortable functioning in an electronic environment and have strong writing skills.