General repair and preventive maintenance of PCHAS buildings, grounds and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs overall general maintenance duties required by daily work orders or as part of the preventive maintenance program.
2. Grounds maintenance which includes such things as mowing, trimming hedges and removing weeds.
3. Maintains a parts inventory and care of tools, equipment and supplies.
4. Demonstrates effective collaboration across departmental lines.
5. Overnight travel is possible
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is moderate. The employee is required to stand, walk and frequently be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
High School or General Education Degree (GED), and 5-10 General residential maintenance or Tech school training.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.