ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving the Cedar Rapids - Iowa City Corridor for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for Installation Technicians to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Installation Technician will perform basic and moderately advanced installations, disconnects and service changes for residential and business customers for ImOn Communications. Perform basic troubleshooting and repair for services from tap to consumer's electronic devices (TV, VCR, Modem, phone, etc.).
Essential Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform installations, troubleshoot and repair ImOn Communications services including set top box return from the tap to the connection of the customer´s equipment for single and multi-family dwellings including, as appropriate, all necessary wiring (interior and exterior) and hardware; install, troubleshoot and repair drops from tap to cable modem
- Educate customer on proper use of services
- Determine acceptability of service by using diagnostic software, performance testing tools or other appropriate methods of testing service; identify and repair leakage from the tap to the customer´s equipment.
- Perform connects (new connects and reconnects), disconnects (requested and non-pays), upgrades, downgrades, and relocates; install additional outlets, and install or remove ImOn equipment; connect various options available with customer’s equipment per Company policy(s).
- Assure proper signal levels and picture quality on all television sets, and clean the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete
- Monitor and record system, drop and in house leakage; maintain records including daily longs, gas sheets, etc. as required; properly record all required information on work orders, surveys, referrals, etc.
- Promote cable, Internet, and other Company services; educate the customer on channel lineups, proper equipment usage, and other services that are available; represent Company as needed to collect payments and secure appropriate customer signatures; relay customer feedback
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others though example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
- Routine and other maintenance on company provided truck
- Keep company provided truck clean
- Report any damages to company provided truck.
- Company provided tools are issued to employee and if lost damage or stolen need to be reported immediately for replacement.
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record with the ability to drive a Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75+ pounds) and climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
- Ability to work with small components and differentiate between different sizes/colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, and screwdrivers in the installation of cable to the residence and TV set top boxes.
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to work independently and while standing 50 - 70% of the time.
- Company physical and drug screen required. ImOn is a Drug-Free Workplace.
In addition to providing tools, company trucks, laptops and cell phones to our Technicians; ImOn also offers competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance and FREE short term/long term disability, as well as vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.
If you are interested in being a part of the ImOn Difference please apply today!