Manage all aspects of The Association of Former Students’ website, www.AggieNetwork.com, the URL shortener http://tx.ag, and other websites as required; and function as part of the Communications team to help conceive and execute communications strategies, ensure the consistency of brand and messaging, and engage former and current students.
Manages operations and support of AggieNetwork.com:
- In consultation with the Assistant Vice President for Communications, determines long-term and short-term strategy for content delivery and design of AggieNetwork.com, tx.ag, our presence on social media, and mass-emails.
- In consultation with the Director of IT and Director of IS, determines the long-term and short-term strategy for security for AggieNetwork.com and tx.ag, data integrity, and data synchronization with offline database and 3rd party services.
- Works closely with internal teams, directors, executives, and external groups to ensure AggieNetwork.com is meeting the needs of the organization and our constituents and is providing a premier online experience.
- Directs daily activities of the Web Team.
- Performs programming functions to interface with third-party APIs for data transfers, payment processing, and similar data syncing needs.
- Creates web-based tools in support of fundraising strategies, reunions, special event initiatives, and other staff needs as required.
- Trains approved content managers on content addition and editing functions.
- Identifies and resolves technical problems with AggieNetwork.com and provide Help Desk support to users.
- Creates/maintains training standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Conducts periodic review of site code and content organization to follow industry best practices and security standards.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards including, modern web browser capabilities and compatibility issues.
- Evaluates, recommends and installs software relevant to web development.
- Determines fiscal requirements and prepares budgetary recommendations for Web Team.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal of 100K by 2020
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents The Association as needed at events.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Assistant Vice President for Communications.
Given: Web Designer, Applications Developer, and Student Assistant.
Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: Supervisory experience in management of web-based communication platforms. Photoshop and WordPress experience.
Required: Expertise in standard office equipment.
Required: Frequent use of computer and keyboard.
Required: Thorough understanding of The Association’s purpose and goals, and its strategies for accomplishing these goals. Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to make sound and reasonable judgments on behalf of The Association and to communicate effectively and positively with a diverse audience, including internal and external customers. Ability to work evenings and weekends as required; some travel required.