Choisys Technology, Inc. is an ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certified and VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Information Technology services provider located outside our nation's capital and in the epicenter of the Government IT industry. Choisys is an information technology infrastructure services provider with offerings in: Systems Engineering, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Video Teleconference Solutions Engineering and Program Management. Our proficiencies are Medical IT Services, Education/Training IT Services and Government IT Services.
In this role, the Active Directory Engineer will provide Enterprise Platforms support at the Tier III level to a global enterprise. The enterprise network is in support of a 255,000 user environment across multiple Active Directory forests and locations. The candidate will be expected to use their experience with Active Directory. Supporting the configuration of Antivirus products and HBSS as they relate to Domain controllers will also be expected. The candidate will be expected to have knowledge and experience working with environments separated by firewalls and how they relate to Exchange, Outlook, OWA, BES, message routing, Database Management, and AV/Hygiene applications. The environment is also VMware based and requires the candidate to use their knowledge with virtualized environments.
- Use their experience with Server Platforms at the Tier III level.
- Provide day-to-day messaging and Directory Support for the following products: ADAM/ADLDS, UnitySync, and Identity Integration Feature Pack and shall manage the Global Address List (GAL).
- Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Messaging technologies.
- Monitor the health of Messaging technologies with provided event management tools
- Maintain the overall health of technologies associated with Database Infrastructure.
- Resolve all DBA incident tickets escalated from the service desk including the administrative activities and provide a weekly Messaging Status Report (to be incorporated into the Weekly Status Report).
- Provide documentation, guidance and instruction to the service desk for handling standard network infrastructure related incidents and service requests.
- Submit and execute network related change request tasks.
- Coordinate incident tickets between Tier II and III sections as well as other sections as required.
- Monitor the health of Database Infrastructure with MCNOSC provided event management tools.
- Provide MCNOSC project support for Database Infrastructure related technologies.
- Coordinate with the Plans Division and other MCNOSC sections on DBA issues.
- Support change management process; submit requests through Change Approval Board; participate in a Change Review Board.
- Escalate product-related DBA issues to third party product vendors.
- Implement monitoring tool thresholds and conduct proactive event remediation.
- Provide analysis and remediation for DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) for all responsible technologies in preparation for annual Commanders Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- DoD 8580 IAT III or IAM III certification (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, or CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, CISM)
- Professional level certification, i.e. MCSA Windows Server 2008/2012, MCSE Server Infrastructure, MCITP Server 2008
- ITIL v3 (desired)
- Clearance: Top Secret w/SSBI (requires an active Top Secret clearance as a minimum level for consideration)
BACKGROUND NEEDED AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 7 years related experience
- Firewall, DMZ experience configuring, certificate configuring; troubleshooting
- Experience with PowerShell commands needed to manage Active Directory features, roles, mailboxes, performance and troubleshooting
- Experience identifying the need for any Active Directory system reconfigurations (minor or significant)
- Experience maintaining policies, procedures, and training plans for Active Directory system administration and appropriate use
- Experience in building, tuning and maintaining servers in an enterprise environment.
- Experience troubleshooting server performance issues using native Windows Server tools and utilities
- Strong experience with Active Directory 2008/2012, planning, deploying and migration, including experience with mailbox server failover and cluster management
- Extensive knowledge of AD architecture - databases and logs, mail routing and protocol support.
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012
TECHNICAL SKILLS (MUST HAVE):
- Ability to evaluate the need for any messaging system reconfigurations (minor or significant)
- Ability to maintain policies, procedures, and training plans for messaging system administration and appropriate use
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012
- Thorough working knowledge of Active Directory as it relates to enterprise technologies
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot server performance issues using native Windows Server tools and utilities
- Maintain a “forward looking” posture and work with management to plan for future upgrades, including Active Directory migration to the newer versions
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.