Employers Council is looking for an energetic, dynamic Sales Representative to grow membership. The Sales Representative plays a key role at Employers Council as the first point of contact for potential members.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Acquires new members by interacting with established leads and developing and converting new leads.
• Compiles and manages reports and lists of prospective member leads, based on information from market research, sales campaigns, promotions, trade shows, business directories, and other sources.
• Makes outbound lead contacts to prospective members.
• Visits prospective members as required to close business.
• Understands and effectively applies knowledge of Employers Council programs, training and services to effectively position a value proposition that helps solve prospective member needs.
• Works with Marketing to convert marketing qualified leads into sales qualified leads and eventually to closed business.
• Coordinates meetings with staff and prospective members when required to help close sales.
• Contributes to managing and refining sales process.
• Staffs table/booth at conferences, trade shows, and events as needed or requested.
• Assists in creating sales plan and reporting metrics as determined by plan.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employers Council is a non-profit, membership organization providing expertise in employment law, human resources, training, and surveys to employers. Employers Council offers employees exposure to a broad mix of industries and business situations, and significant opportunities to broaden skills and experiences. Our total compensation package offers excellent employee benefits including, health insurance, 401k, time off, free parking and more. While our members’ success is our top priority, we also enjoy our team environment and strive to have fun, working with colleagues who respect one another.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to manage a large number of prospective members with care and efficiency.
• Writes and speaks clearly and informatively.
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Clear and persuasive communicator; listens well and problem solves.
• Meets commitments and completes tasks on time and with high quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, sets and achieves challenging goals, and uses time efficiently.
• Willingness and capability to learn a broad knowledge of Employers Council services.
• Strong customer services skills.
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Inspires and treats people with respect and trust.
• Displays passion and optimism.
• Minimum High School diploma/GED.
• Basic knowledge of Sales Management and or CRM systems. (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot etc.)
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• Previous sales experience strongly preferred.
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. Some local travel. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.