The Project Manager reports directly to the Executive Director of Human Resources and Operations. The position requires the employee to break down complex projects into efficient project plans for both client and RP3 projects. He/She will keep work moving, clients excited, creatives empowered, i’s dotted and t’s crossed. He/She will be an integral part of agency growth and will be expected to implement systems and practices that help complete work on time, on budget and to the delight of our clients. He/She is insanely organized and has tremendous communication skills.
In the performance of his/her respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, clients, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Partner with Account Leadership on the development of scopes of work, with a specific focus on resource identification, budget development, and pricing. Elevate project level concerns and opportunities to the Account Leadership team for resolution.
- Manage client billing and monitor project burn rate and budget.
- Work directly with clients to complete quality deliverables, manage the day-to-day workflow and keep projects on track. Maintain client status reports and lead status meetings with clients.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules and work plans. Effectively manage budgets and timelines to keep projects on track and within the scope.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about progress, adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate project teams consisting of strategists, creatives, public relations, freelancers and vendors to take multi-layered projects from concept to production.
- Manage the successful deployment of client contracts by assigning tasks internally and communicating expected deliverables to team members and clients.
- Lead and document the creative process through team sessions and project planning, ensuring client expectations are met.
- Balance multiple workloads and deadlines while bringing a passionate attitude into the office.
- Collaborate with the New Business Development team to manage new prospect leads and crafting proposals.
- Open and close project meetings, and identify the next steps and action items within the scope of work.
- Demonstrate excellent client service as the primary point of contact for multiple accounts.
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Has 4-6 years of Project Management experience, in a communications agency is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (ideally 2-4 years writing scopes of work, contracts, etc.)
- Willing to wear many hats and bring creative solutions to our growing agency
- Knowledge of Workamajig or similar project management software and project management methodologies and best practices (i.e. SmartSheet, Gantt Charts, Function point)
- Attention to detail and obsession with meeting deadlines