Responsible for creating and preparing reports to better analyze sales, production, marketing, logistics and financial data. Focus on identifying trends and developments to better assist company leaders in recognizing opportunities and pitfalls. Will also be responsible for maintaining the general ledger and monthly financial schedules of specified subcontracted companies.
• Primary Supervisor: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
• Other: Dotted line reporting to Controller
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Financial Analysis
o Identify and analyze trends in the company’s numbers and reports.
o Perform detailed financial statement analyses.
o Heavy focus on report creation (Excel, BI tools).
o Departmental Reporting and Analyses:
- Sales - Customer Report Cards, Sales Top 20, Customer Grids, Board Decks.
- Product Management - industry volumes and prices, market share, production variances, claim analyses.
- Marketing - IRI data reporting, market leaders.
- Logistics - freight margin and cost analysis, trucking claim ratios.
o Assist with the budgeting process and continuous variance analysis.
o Execute special projects as directed.
• Corporate Accounting
o Prepare monthly financial statements and review the financial statements for accuracy.
o Responsible for maintaining all accounts in SAP. Review and verify the accuracy of all postings to the general ledger through special analysis, monthly reconciliations, and maintenance of subsidiary ledgers.
o Helps prepare audit work papers to facilitate the annual audit process. Works closely with outside auditors providing support and numerous schedules.
o Other duties as assigned.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
• Weekly report creation and analysis of approximately 15+ reports
• Monthly creation and analysis of additional 10+ reports
• Ad hoc reporting daily
• Maintains 60 general ledger accounts per subcontracted company
• Reconciles 25-30 balance sheet accounts monthly per subcontracted company.
• Prepare monthly financial statements for 2 subcontracted companies.
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting with 5+ years of experience.
• Advanced computer knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook) required. SAP knowledge a plus.
• Strong proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, formulation, graphing/charting, linking) required.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
• Skilled at transforming data into information.
• Must be detail-oriented for accurate reporting.
• Willing to work after hours if needed.
• Ability to problem solve independently, make competent decisions and accept responsibility.
• Sound prioritization and time management skills.
• Must be able to work in a professional, confident manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate and interact with upper levels of management in professional and knowledgeable fashion.
• Travel required (up to 5% of the time)