Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
This Clinical Implementation Specialist position offers a unique opportunity to build and define Contessa’s health system partner implementation team. The Clinical Implementation Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that Contessa’s care model standards and engagement strategy are consistently executed and implemented with every partner. This position has wide-ranging exposure and will have substantial impact on our team’s performance, as well as Contessa’s future.
The primary success metric for this role is support and adoption of our care model, Home Recovery Care. Core responsibilities will be providing overviews of Home Recovery Care to clinicians to allow this person to analyze current processes and implement process enhancements to lead to greater adoption of Home Recovery Care.
The position is ideal for a seasoned clinician who thrives on analyzing workflow intricacies to the most granular detail to create meaningful improvements. The ideal candidate also has demonstrated experience and success in leveraging stakeholder assessments and readiness analyses to facilitate strategic goals, through various forums, including hands-on coaching and reinforcement training. A candidate with an informatics or organizational effectiveness background is well suited.
- Completes detailed current state workflow assessments to create future state processes that adhere to Contessa’s standards and best practices defined by our clinical leaders
- Leads or aids in efforts to mitigate workflow barriers, as identified, and creates sustainable solutions
- Works elbow-to-elbow with clinicians in process definition or improvement efforts
- Provides performance consulting with the ability to recommend solutions to enhance individual or team performance
- Responsible for team or 1:1 coaching to ensure high adoption with each implementation
- At the guidance of operations leaders, assesses, designs, and manages performance improvement initiatives that improve organizational results and increase skills
- Leverages established project and program methodology for assigned operations projects
- Evaluates and suggests improvements to processes
- Meets with project team members on a regular basis to review project status, inform team of changes, and plan future actions
- Uses quantitative measures to manage project statuses
- Resolves issues and determines contingency plans and triggers for risks. As needed, escalates issues to appropriate audiences including key business leaders and team members
- Ensures all project deliverables are reviewed and quality is achieved as planned
- Leads internal and external meetings to drive projects to completion
- Education: BSN required
- 8+ years of experience with strong preference for informatics or process improvement Deep knowledge of acute care settings
- A “roll-up your sleeves” mind-set to create sustainable solutions
- Aptitude to breakdown processes to the most granular detail to identify barriers, solutions, and optimizations from the ground up
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfort with navigating (and bring clarity to) ambiguity
- Demonstrated fervor and rigor for organization
- Strong aptitude for Microsoft Office tools
- Significant experience effectively presenting to clinicians; formal education on presentation tactics is highly desirable
- Coachability coupled with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
- Team player with proven ability to foster and manage working relationships within a matrix environment to obtain buy-in and drive results High level of influencing skills combined with an ability to build excellent working relationships at multiple levels – internally and externally
- Ability to work under pressure with a strong sense of urgency to research questions or issues and identify the right parties or resources to resolve issues
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screening in compliance with Contessa policies
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.