Catania Oils is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through 4 generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner. Whether you are looking for olive oil, vegetable oil or a specific blend or specialty oil you want a supplier that is known for their quality products, reliability and excellent service, which is precisely how we have built our strong reputation. We are looking for dynamic people to join our organization. We an immediate need for a Accounts Payable Specialist.
Under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, responsible for processing and timely payment of Catania Oils vendor invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Matches vendor invoices to POs – working with Service Managers/Purchasers to resolve variances
2. Performs data entry of AP invoices and Logistics invoices (which includes matching process)
3. Sets invoices up for payment
4. Performs some journal entries
5. Answers all vendor inquiries
6. Provide analysis on accounts as needed
7. Performs other tasks or assignments as required to improve AP/AR accuracy
8. Assists with month end closing
9. Monitors accounts to ensure payments are up to date
10. Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and issues
11. Reconciles accounts payable transactions
12. Performs a variety of billing, cash application and clerical functions within the Accounts Receivable Department
13. Accurate and timely issuance of customer invoices and statements
14. Evaluate, plan, implement and continuously improve all aspects of A/R and A/P functions
15. Research and file Carrier Claims
16. Complete Trade References
17. Complete Broker Commissions and Customer Rebates at month end
18. Fleet Repair Tracking
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer proficiency- Word, Excel, outlook
Inventory system experience preferred