About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized, employee-owned design firm, with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and the majority of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 185 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
Ayers Saint Gross Architects’ Washington DC office seeks advanced-level Space Planner to join educational planning effort.
- Lead, manage, and perform data analyses to determine space needs for high education clients.
- Analyze reports, interpret outcomes, and apply metrics to determine needs projections.
- Conduct project interviews with a variety of stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients.
- Write content for final reports, white papers, etc.
- Work collaboratively with clients, consultants, and team members.
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules.
- Must be able to conduct field audit work at a variety of institutions for facilities inventory verification or development and space adequacy assessments.
- Assist with business development initiatives to include, but not limited to, writing proposals, creating fee schedules, developing ideas and content for marketing campaigns, and attending and presenting at conferences.
- Assist with studio strategic and business planning to set short-term goals and long-term vision
- Conduct research to stay informed of industry trends.
- Provide additional support to the studio leader as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning, Architecture, Higher Education Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in higher education space/facilities planning.
- Experience in urban planning, higher education policy, or architecture is highly preferred. Prior experience working for a consulting or architecture firm or an institution of higher education is a plus.
- Experience managing projects and teams of varying size and complexity.
- Ability to interpret quantitative analyses and translate outcomes.
- Experience working with databases is a plus.
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, InDesign and Illustrator is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter and ability to work will with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Why Work At Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly-energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.