Ribometrix is a fast-growing therapeutics discovery and development company tackling a diverse range of human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to lead our Information Technology department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Design, oversight and management of the company’s overall IT strategy, policies and implementation, covering:
- IT systems infrastructure: for office and laboratory activities including 30-40 onsite staff and several consultants working remotely, all using various cloud services (eg O365, BOX, AWS, Zoom, Asana...), and desktop apps in a mixed-OS environment with WinPCs, MacOS, iOS, Linux servers, local NAS, and various lab instruments generating large data flows. Design, sourcing, configuration, maintenance, maturation/upgrading, and user support, as needed, to assure optimal performance, data integrity, retention and cybersecurity for:
- networking infrastructure (incl hardware, software and services), including optimization of LAN architecture, firewall, switch, and wifi AP configurations;
- version control and configuration of desktop and cloud apps;
- backup systems, including Disaster Recovery procedures;
- telecommunications hardware, software, and related equipment.
2. Software and resource acquisition focused primarily on laboratory informatics
- Identify and evaluate commercial solutions for internal company needs, including a core Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Manage the configuration and deployment of software resources, including open source solutions
- Direct integration of acquired software with existing resources, including a cloud-based ELN system
- When necessary, oversee functional, contract-based development of custom software resources
- Harmonize external resources with limited-scale internal software development
3. Identify the needs of functional departments, establish priorities and policies, and coordinate implementation by internal and external contributors.
4. Develop and execute long and short-term technology strategies, make recommendations to improve infrastructure, manage network security, develop and forecast budget requirements for all IT projects and capital expenditures.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS or MS in a related field required
- 10+ years of experience managing information systems required; preference for experience in a research-related environment
- 10+ years experience managing software development projects using Python and related coding tools required, perferably to enhance functionality of complex database systems and processing and visualization of scientific datasets
- Expert proficiency with configuration and management of enterprise-level software packages such as Office 365, BOX, Zoom, etc..
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication and demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, can-do attitude with strong initiative and sense of urgency; strong problem solving skills and attention to detail, planning, organization, time management and prioritization skills are required.
Ribometrix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.