MSP Help Desk Support
The Field Support Technician, under periodic supervision, performs varied tasks of moderate complexity requiring the application of standard procedures and criteria. The position will provide field service support and consultation such as testing and troubleshooting, provide the best technical solution to solve the customer issue, complete assigned jobs with assistance from dispatchers and lead technicians. The technology includes but is not limited to enterprise Voice, Data, Video, Wireless, Cloud, and Security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair customer and network troubles.
- Monitor route and execute restoration in the event of a service interruption, proactively respond to potential problem areas to ensure integrity of network.
- Responsible for asset management: process deliveries and replenish consumables. Coordinate shipping and receiving of materials.
- Perform preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on equipment and on the critical infrastructure.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- IT support relating to desktop technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, operating systems for PC (Windows 7 and higher) and MAC (OS X), and peripherals.
- Responsible for technical break/fix support for all IT systems currently deployed in production.
- Interface and maintain effective communication with business users and other IT team members when analyzing, updating and resolving tickets.
- Identify proactive ways to reduce the number of issues and support calls in the environment (reduction in quality, interruption or failure of an IT service).
- Author and maintain technical documentation on system support models, common issues and solutions, as well as self-service documentation for end users to reference in the IT User Knowledge Base.
- Responsible for administration, maintenance and second level support of back-end global IT systems.
- Build new systems according to established IT standards for our hardware and software applications, as needed.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Participate in BCS365 Projects to ensure complete understanding of new and upgraded systems.
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement (upgrades, security and update patches, etc.) of systems in production.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed properly in ticketing system of incident or request progress and notifying them of impending changes base on client’s SLA.
- Create new tickets: To obtain and evaluate all relevant information for service issues and request, according to procedures.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in order to exceed customers’ expectations and to minimize escalations by taking ownership of customer reported issues.
- Escalate client support tickets to appropriate resource following the escalation process and procedures.
- Onsite work at client locations will be required as needed.
- On-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to adhere to schedule.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Dispatcher and Team Lead to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Data entry may be required for new and active clients in ticketing system.
- Responsible for entering time and all work with proper updates in ticketing system as it occurs.
- Understand processes in ticketing system.