The Administrative Support Specialist’s primary responsibilities to provide support to assist the Foster Care and Adoption program and the Information Systems department through data entry, record management, correspondence production, project coordination, supportive resources for foster/adoptive parents and program staff, and to provide reception support by greeting guests, answering phones, The Administrative Support Specialist promotes a positive perception as the first point of contact with Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services. This position is a 40 hour per week position that reports to the Program Director, Austin Foster Care & Adoption and works closely with the Database Manager and the Office Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide clerical support to Director and staff which includes generating letters, filing assistance, copying, faxing, mailing, maintaining shared OneDrive files pertaining to Foster Care, and generating census and discharge reports from the client management system as needed.
• Perform data entry and record updates for clients and foster parents into the client management system and notify Accounting department of all placements, changes in levels of care and discharges in a time sensitive manner
• Create, update, perform an initial 30 day audit each client file (binder) following defined procedures, catalogue archived files, dismantle and destruction of files according to PCHAS record retention policy.
• Coordinate foster parent trainings with the Office Manager to reserve space, arrange for food and refreshments, purchase other supplies needed for foster parent training.
• Preform gift entry, prepare of gift receipt letters, tribute cards on a daily basis, update records associated with the gift entry process and assist with in-house mailings including creating mail merges.
• Perform reception duties which includes answering phones, speaking with employees, donors, parents of children in care, and parents about intake coordinating with Clinical Services, greeting guests, controlling access to offices, accepting and distributing deliveries and maintaining a well-organized, neat workspace and present a professional appearance.
Typical office setting, work at desk 95% of the time, equipment to be used includes computer, phone, copy machine, and fax. Due to the time sensitive nature of this position the person in this role cannot take leave during busiest times of the year, July 15-August 15 and November 20-January 10.
• Minimum of high school graduate, with advanced training or college coursework preferred. Minimum of two years of experience in an office setting, non-profit development experience preferred. Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality in all areas related to the business, welfare and constituent information of the agency.
• Must have strong listening skills and ability to engage guests and those seeking help with confidence, friendliness, compassion, and empathy. Ability to quickly refocus on task after interruption.
• Demonstrate initiative, efficient organization with time management skills and ability to set priorities.
• Ability to meticulously proofread and consistently enter data with a high level of attention to detail.
• Computer skills, including competency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel, particularly in creating mail merges, and knowledge or aptitude to learn a client management system and Blackbaud the Raiser’s Edge Fundraising software.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.