Ensures all invoices are approved and paid timely, within policy guidelines and discounts are taken benefiting the company and maintains all related supporting documents for audit and internal record keeping.
• Supervisor: Senior Accounting Manager, Grower Accounting & A/P
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Processes invoices on a daily basis, making sure that the appropriate approval process is followed.
• Secures approval from managers for invoices with any variances.
• Accurately codes invoices.
• Inputs, and reviews for accuracy, the payable vouchers on a daily basis.
• Ensures timely payment processing per terms – discounts taken when offered.
• Provides checks to designees for signature.
• Ensures checks and remittances are prepared for mailing on a timely basis.
• Completes filing of office documentation in accurate and timely manner.
• Communicates with vendors, including but not limited to, reconciliation of payment and invoice discrepancies, provision of credit information, and securing W-9 forms as needed.
• Maintains appropriate vendor files.
• Performs monthly reconciliation of accounts payable detail to general ledger.
• Compiles information for annual 1099 reporting requirements and ensures 1099s are printed and distributed in a timely manner/
• Maintains various files, including Purchase schedule.
• Inputs and reviews for accuracy employee expense reports and all company credit card charges.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Quantitative Data / Job Dimensions
• Responsible for maintaining 1250 vendor accounts.
• Payables transactions worth $21M are processed each year.
• Over 4000 accounts payable checks are printed each year.
• Minimum high school diploma, some college preferred.
• Basic accounting knowledge as evidenced by education, training or experience.
• 5 years’ experience in a related field.
• Keyboarding and general computer knowledge.
• 10-key proficiency.
• Good communication and language skills.
• Efficient time management.
• Organization skills.
• Problem solving ability.
• Patience and perseverance.