Global Partnerships (GP) is an impact-first investor dedicated to expanding opportunity for people living in poverty. Impact-first investing means investing in a way that seeks the greatest possible social impact, while seeking to preserve capital with a modest financial return for investors. GP believes that impact-first investing has an essential role to play in advancing sustainable solutions to poverty for millions of people worldwide.
GP creates and manages impact-first investment funds that make loans and early stage investments in social enterprises serving people living in poverty in less developed countries, primarily in Latin America and Africa. The GP team is comprised of mission-driven, dedicated, high-performing colleagues working primarily from offices in Seattle, WA, Bogotá, Colombia, and Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about Global Partnerships, please visit our website at www.globalpartnerships.org.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Global Partnerships has employees spread across multiple offices on separate continents. Each team within GP manages large amounts of data and information, which is increasing as our impact grows at a rapid pace. We seek a highly capable individual to lead the development and implementation of business solutions that will meet both the current and future needs of GP. The Information Systems Officer is a full-time position in our Seattle office. This role intersects with many different aspects of the organization, with the objective of improving operational efficiencies and maintaining and improving existing information systems. Specific responsibilities include:
Ongoing Administration of Existing Information Systems:
- Serve as the principal administrator for existing CRM (Salesforce), document sharing/storage (Box) and portfolio tracking (iLevel) systems.
- In collaboration with Finance and Operations, Capital and Impact, and Social Investment teams, expand capacity and efficiency of existing systems to meeting current and future reporting needs.
- As necessary, lead selection, deployment, and user training of add-on packages or upgrades to existing systems.
- Provide ongoing support and training to various teams on creating efficiencies in information management and reporting.
Ongoing Improvement and Future Projects:
- Anticipate future business needs and work to keep solutions flexible and responsive to GP’s evolving needs.
- Collaborate with other process and system owners (Finance, Fund Operations, Capital and Impact, Venture, Social Investment) in researching, identifying, and implementing appropriate low cost upgrades or replacements to legacy systems, including phone, computer, and software systems
- Project Management: Proactively manage and/or lend support to various projects and troubleshooting, including setting deadlines and following up with internal staff and external service providers.
IT Infrastructure Administrator:
- Lead relationship with Managed Services Provider (MSP)
- Provide guidance to leadership and MSP on priority and feasibility of capital investments for maintenance and improvement of existing IT infrastructure, especially relating to data security for both internal and external parties.
- Serve as primary contact for multi-user IT support issues, and work closely with MSP to issue resolution and prevention of recurring problems.
- Track GP’s compliance environment relating to IT and advise leadership on the technical ramifications of any changes that affect our operations.
- Document various IT systems and processes, including disaster recovery and incident response plans, and IT operations manual.
- Strong operational skills including problem solving and project management skills, including ability to be decisive and drive a project forward effectively;
- Demonstrated experience with configuration and administration of new software tools;
- Highly organized and attentive to detail, with an ability to prioritize efficiently and stay focused on outcomes and project vision;
- Systems-minded with a strong tendency to eagerly accept ownership and to enjoy tackling an amorphous, complex project;
- Strong communication skills and successful at interfacing effectively with a variety of teams and personalities;
- Embodies GP’s values as a Dedicated, Strategic, Collaborative, Aspirational Learner, committed to Excellence, and has a passion for GP’s mission to expand opportunity for people living in poverty.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an IT project management or operations capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference for degree in Management Information Systems and/or related field.
- Experience managing enterprise-level SaaS tools, especially Salesforce.com, Box.com, and iLevel preferred.
- Salesforce ADM 201 or higher certification a plus.
- Advance knowledge with Excel
- Experience with PowerBI and/or Tableau a plus.
- Familiarity with Office365 administrator tools and SharePoint preferred.
- Ability to work legally in the United States.
Global Partnerships is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Due to the volume of applications, we will contact only those candidates selected for interviews – no follow-ups, please.
All offers will be contingent upon reference checks as well as a background check.