Responsible for coordinating , overseeing and documenting the quality control program on field projects as well as identifying, analyzing and developing improvements in productivity, client relationships, customer service as they relate to the quality management system.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the project
- Oversee the implementation of project specific construction Quality Plans at job locations
- Perform project site audits to ensure adherence to company SOPs/policies, project plans and specifications, and confirm as built drawing completions
- Lead quality investigations on project issues as they arise at construction projects
- Document construction quality control through the project and maintain reporting requirements including photo documentation and written reports
- Gather and maintain Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) submittals for applicable projects
Lead the communications on customer concerns regarding construction quality and coordinate appropriate adjustments with applicable CMS Construction and Management teams
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required for Position
- US Citizen – this is work within the Waterfront Restricted Area
- Must have a minimum of 10 years combined experience in the following positions: Project Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer or Construction Manager on $30+ million construction contracts which included the major trades that are part of this Contract.
- At least 5 years of experience as QC Manager
- Individual must be familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1 and have experience in the areas of hazard identification and safety compliance.
- Current First Aid and CPR Training/AED (not required per spec but must have 2 people trained on site).
- Construction Quality Management For Contractors Course within the last 5 years
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Engineering/Science and 2 or more years project related construction experience; or
- An Associate’s degree in Construction Management/Engineering/Science and 4 or more years project related construction experience; or
- A High School diploma and 6 or more years related field construction experience.
- United States Army Corps of Engineers, Construction Quality Management class (within the last 5 years)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to professionally represent the company verbally, in writing, and in person to clients, associates and all others that may have contact with
- Ability to effectively work with a team to achieve project goals
- Ability to make own decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes. Willingness to embrace personal and professional development
- Excellent communicator and author of reports for quality control documentation
- Knowledge of construction related technologies, quality activities and quality auditing.
- Ability to read and understand engineering design drawings, specifications, and applicable technical instructions, plans and reports
- Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other applicable web based programs
- Works under the direct supervision of the Director, Quality Control
- Coordinates subcontractor and other trade quality control members
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, and reach
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds and walk a project site
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions and on job sites throughout CMS project locations
- Must have valid driver’s license; be insurable on the company insurance and able to travel as required