Company Overview: Clean Water Environmental is a fast-growing environmental business located in Dayton Ohio with extensive benefits and opportunity for career advancement. CWE currently has a new stream of waste – disposal, recalled airbags, which contain ammonium nitrate as the propellant must be sent to a hazardous waste permitted facility (permitted under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, RCRA).
CWE also treats diverse streams of liquid materials that come to us from chemical plants, refineries, landfills, and manufacturing facilities. Some examples of materials we can service are: Machine coolants and process waters; Combustible and flammable waters (hazardous or exempt); Caustics and Acids; Heavy metals laden waters; and Waters containing alcohols, glycols, oils, fuels, resins and other organics.
CWE does not work with municipality wastewater.
Job Summary: The Process Engineer will create, develop, and implement efficient operational processes, reducing costs while maintaining standards of operations.
Essential Functions: • Evaluate current material handling process, considering innovations in methods to refine material and process requirements to reduce production costs.• Develop and write materials and processing specifications to recommend improvements to ensure most efficient and cost-effective handling and packaging procedures (examples: relevant technical documentation, user manuals, and lists.).• Develop and write material test and qualification plans and their associated reports.• Review test data and undertake post-testing activities including design allowable calculations, equivalency determinations, and failure mode analysis.• Review test plans, process specifications, part drawings, and other documents to ensure compliance with design requirements.• Plan, schedule, and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.• Devise new approaches to problems encountered.• Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.• Develops project scopes and schedule to include estimates of material needs, costs, and timelines for proposed projects.• Consult with stakeholders in other departments to facilitate moving from design and development to production.• Implement methods and modifications to reduce production costs to include testing and debugging phases of projects.• Provide technical guidance in the development of new processes and methods.• Maintain knowledge of best practices in manufacturing methods, and trends and developments in technology and equipment; apply this knowledge to maintain the organization’s competitive edge.• Develop and maintain management information, planning, and control systems.• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment: Continuous facility work required where there is potential for noise, dust, rain, hot and cold temperatures. Climbing, walking and lifting will be normal daily requirements.
• Thorough understanding of operations and machinery.
• Thorough understanding of math and physics.
• Ability to think in creative, innovative, and abstract terms.
• Ability to assess and solve complex issues.
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of staff.
• Ability to collaborate and lead team to meet a common goal.
• Ability to increase the efficiency of machinery and systems.
• Extremely proficient with related software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of applicable industry standards.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Must be able to traverse the production facility, accessing and navigating all areas in the facility and access all machinery.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or related field, required
• 5+ years of relevant experience required
• Plant or field experience is preferred
• Experience with airbags highly preferred
• Project Management experience is preferred
• Professional Engineering (PE) license highly preferred.