The Role: We are currently seeking a SEO Strategist to create and execute organic search strategies for R2i's clients. This is an exceptional opportunity to build your career in online marketing within an amazing agency environment.
Who Are You: A rock star with at least 5+ year of hands-on experience in SEO, and an understanding of how search interacts with other marketing channels. You have an experienced portfolio and capabilities to increase organic visibility in nearly any vertical or geography. You can speak just as fluently about hreflang tags, robots.txt files, and canonical tags as you can about a holistic keyword strategy, content marketing, off-site citations, and inbound link profiles.
At R2i, you’ll be responsible for setting the strategic direction of SEO for our clients as well as ongoing execution and implementation. To support you in this capacity, you’ll report to the Director of SEO and will work closely with account managers, other SEO specialists and strategists, clients, and other channel experts.
Principal Duties and Responsbilities:
- Analyze, develop and execute strategy as related to SEO
- Perform pre-launch and post-launch audits and QA for website redesigns and migrations
- Manage workflow process of SEO deliverables: Site audits and SEO strategies, Keyword research, On-page optimization, Link growth strategy, Technical analysis, Competitive analysis, Reporting
- Manage and communicate SEO as a business strategy
- Manage day-to-day account activity and client deliverables
- Educate clients and internally on best practices and overall education of SEO
- Stay up to date and transfer knowledge of best practices and latest developments in SEO
- Be a self-starter and team player
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan, implement and improve account performance aligned with client goals and initiatives
- Provide benchmark and tracking reports to Account Managers, Clients and Search Team on positions, traffic, conversions and other metrics
- Drive innovation and implement testing strategies to continually uncover optimization levers, enhance learning, and improve performance
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
5+ years of experience executing organic search campaigns
- Agency experience a plus
- Additional online marketing experience a plus (paid search, social, email, display)
- Experience with keyword research/data mining tools and competitive analysis
- Presentation capabilities and comfort meeting with clients in person and by phone
- Knowledge of HTML a plus, CSS, Java-script, Flash, AJAX and/or other technologies preferred
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (DNN, Drupal, WordPress, Ektron) and their impacts to search preferred, Experience with enterprise marketing cloud systems strongly preferred particularly Adobe and Sitecore
- Understanding web analytics software (Coremetrics, Omniture, Google Analytics)
- Understanding of SEO analytics software (BrightEdge, Conductor, Searchmetrics, Moz)
- Excellent knowledge of search engine criteria / algorithm updates (Panda, Penguin, Pigeon)
- Experience in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional analytics, project management skills, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate results to management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Environmental and Physical Demands:
- Ability to communicate clearly with account teams and internal/external stakeholders
R2integrated is a digital marketing agency with national presence, headquartered in Baltimore. Our value is in delivering integrated technology solutions that connect customer experiences and drive measurable impact for our clients. Core capabilities span across marketing technology, experience design, media, and digital marketing, designed to advance customer engagements and deliver impactful results. For over fifteen years, we have worked with clients to deploy best-in-class marketing technology and unify the customer journey. R2i serves segment leading clients, including Hershey, Perdue, MIT, Pentair, CloudBlue, Feeding America, University of Michigan, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, and Senseonics.