Woodruff is looking for an ACCOUNT COORDINATOR to join our fast-growing, employee-owned, full-service marketing agency. The account coordinator is all about the details. They maintain a significant amount of information and are the Woodruff team’s resource for up-to-date project information. The account coordinator assists account executives, managers and supervisors with internal communication, scope of work tracking, project status and timeline updates. They follow up and follow through with everyone involved to help keep projects on course.
This person can work out of our Columbia, MO, Kansas City, MO or Minneapolis, MN office.
If you think you have what it takes to be our new account coordinator, we want to hear from you!
Knowledge and Skills
- Extremely thorough with tremendous attention to detail
- Organized and able to manage significant amounts of information efficiently
- Desires to learn and seek information; ask questions and absorb information
- Collaborative and able to work with a variety of personalities, disciplines and roles
- An excellent listener who can process many different inputs into action
- Resourceful and flexible
- Follows processes but is not paralyzed by them
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately captures details, questions, next steps and timing from internal discussions and facilitates internal communication to ensure everyone is coordinated.
- Organizes information in a timely, clear and concise manner and communicates to all involved through effective use of project tracking software.
- Sets clear expectations with internal teams. Proactively escalates problems to account team.
- Develops documents and communications that guide projects internally, including job input forms, kickoff documents, meeting notes and project tracking software posts.
- Monitors progress from start to finish to ensure projects are moving through Woodruff’s processes smoothly. Proactively communicates problems to supervisor and/or other team members.
- Sets up and maintains job status reports.
- Regularly updates account team on the progress of each project. Understands workflows and helps plan for additional projects as they come in.
- Reviews all work prior to sending or presenting to clients to ensure accuracy based on Woodruff teams’ and clients’ input.
- Reviews and proofs media plans, and distributes insertion and materials due dates to internal teams.
- Develops and edits documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Enters information into a variety of formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps, Keynote, etc. in order to keep client and project information organized and easily accessible.
- Maintains all client information and files for the account team.
- Participates in agency projects as requested.
Client Relationships & Business Growth
- Becomes familiar with clients’ business needs by researching their industries, competitors, products, technologies and trends. Shares this information regularly with team members.
- Regularly tracks and shares client competitor activity, including media exposure and strategy, social media and online presence, e-commerce platforms, new products and changes within competitors’ business and industry.
- Works with account executive or manager to learn how clients take their products and services to market, and how Woodruff’s capabilities can help them in their business.
- Maintains client profiles for assigned clients.
Team Leadership & Internal Relationships
- Builds rapport and trusting relationships with internal teams.
Financial Management of Accounts
- Contributes to scope of work descriptions and helps provide accurate information to develop pricing.
- Proactively communicates with internal teams regarding project size and scope, expectations, deliverables, timing and price.
- Tracks and manages scopes of work, helps identify changes in scope and escalates them to account team. Helps create change orders in partnership with account lead and production.
- Reviews invoices, ensures billing schedules are followed and prepares explanations and recaps for clients.
How leaders act on a daily basis as they seek to implement the company’s vision and strategic priorities, strive to fulfill the brand promise and live up to the value. Everyone can be a leader.
- Open-minded and active listener
- Continually grows people and business
- Truthful and transparent
- Decisive and accountable
- Forward thinking
- Proactive and communicates in a positive manner
- B.A. or B.S. degree; a degree in a discipline related to advertising, marketing, journalism or communications is a plus
- Professional experience in an agency setting or related field is preferred