Zephyr Mountain Lodge is Winter Park Resort's ski-in/ski-out Base Lodging, just 110 feet from The Gondola.
Summary: Technician is responsible for ensuring the overall physical aspects of the community meet the established standards for safety, appearance, and operation within the budgeted financial goals.
- Continually inspect property for improvements, immediately report any deficiencies to the Community Association Manager or Maintenance Manager.
- Perform plumbing and carpentry repairs; touch up paint and ensure property is well cared for.
- Assist with cleanliness of common area amenities.
- Perform, maintain and repair all common elements throughout building exteriors and interiors.
- Receive and maintain all supplies necessary for work orders to be completed in a timely manner.
- Pick up and remove trash/moves dumpsters as needed for pick-ups.
- Respond to all emergency maintenance calls immediately during scheduled working hours.
- Respond to after hour’s calls from the Building Engineer and Community Association Manager when assistance is needed in resolving emergencies.
- Report observed covenant violations to the Community Association Manager for enforcement and monitor adherence to community standards.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have to constantly engage in different types of movement, such as; climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. This position may require occasional lifting of light to medium weight objects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Qualifications:
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company; Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
- Knowledge of safety precautions
- Knowledge of general facilities maintenance and repair
- Skill in attention to detail, problem solving, and decision making
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to be work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to build strong working relationships with team members
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate power tools
- general maintenance and grounds keeping
- Good organizational skills, high attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Authorization to work for any employer in the US
Regular full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick time, vacation time, and much more! Regular part time Hammersmith® employees also receive benefits including prorated sick time and holiday pay, as well as participation in our 401(K) plan! All regular employees are encouraged to take 1 paid day off per year, as part of our Philanthropic Day of Service.
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.