Summary: Assists and supports the Community Association Manager in residential homeowners' association for clients by performing the following duties personally or through supervision of subordinates and/or vendors as stated in the management contract. Responsible for daily operations of building and management of vendors as needed. The Assistant Community Association Manager will have experience in building maintenance, customer service, and computer software skills. The Assistant Community Association Manger will supervise a group of individuals and vendors at the on-site property. For detailed on-the-job responsibilities, please consult the Standard Operating Procedures for the Association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform daily on-site property checks, compiling action lists and ensuring completion by all vendors. Identify violations and maintenance-related issues and reports findings to the Community Manager.
• Careful attention to following up and executing failures in compliance related to association's governing documents.
• Advise the Community Association Manager regarding changes that should be made to maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of property as specified in management services; responsible for implementing these changes in a timely manner.
• Communicate with homeowners on building issues (i.e., special projects, water shut-downs and repairs) and email a weekly update to homeowners.
• Carry out decisions and actions of the Community Association Manager and Board of Directors.
• Issue a report of activities performed for Board review as Board directs.
• Attend association board meetings and needed Committee meetings, and plan and facilitate each, including the Annual Members Meeting, in tandem with the Community Association Manager.
• Assist the Community Association Manager with meeting notice distribution; collect, collate and proxy management for annual/special meetings; sign-in of attending homeowners and guest speakers prior to meetings; and publishes meeting minutes on bulletin boards within the Association.
• Participate in quarterly and annual inventory of building contents and property condition as Community Association Manager directs, and forwards listing to Board of Directors for review.
• Assist the Community Association Manager in processing applications from Homeowners to undertake renovation and remodel projects.
• Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of internal system databases in tandem with Community Association Manager.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures and property policies.
• Provide ongoing support and communication with homeowner calls and emails.
• Maintain a calendar for all periodic duties (daily, weekly, monthly, annually) and a follow-up file to ensure they are accomplished.
• Accept deliveries and pick-ups for homeowners as appropriate.
• Collate and maintain homeowner database on an annual basis.
• Provide administrative and analysis assistance to the Board and the Community Manager using MS Word and Excel.
• Review suggestions in the Suggestion Box and directs them for Board review.
• Enforce building security by ensuring all vendors are signing in and out at the front desk.
• Order supplies as required in connection with building and administration, and building maintenance according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
• Maintain bulletin boards throughout the Association, which are for building business only.
• Document and report any loss or damage of any nature occurring in the building to the Community Manager with a full understanding of how to handle emergencies when they arise.
• Perform light maintenance.
• Coordinate work requests with contracted staff.
• Provide assistance to plumbers in locating and shutting off water valves in the building.
• Enter individual units for emergency only.
• Maintain and conduct annual audit of key/FOB system.
• Operate camera and recording system.
• Assist the on-site staff with technical questions regarding building or departmental procedures.
• Ensure that staff members are in compliance with all company policies per the Hammersmith® Employee Handbook.
• Coach and mentor staff to achieve performance goals.
• Provide recruiting requests to Human Resources for available positions within the department; interview and hire employees.
• Train and develop on-site staff; create training calendars.
• Provide timely one-on-ones with staff.
• Monitor and report on staffing needs within the department.
• Review employee timesheets/punches for accuracy.
• Handle disciplinary issues with support staff.
• Create employee action plans as needed.
• Establish and meet monthly and annual goals.
• Develop and maintain supportive and communicative partnership with all Directors and Department Managers.
• Ensure that all performance standards for direct reports are being met.
• Deliver and exceed client, resident, and guest expectations.
• Must consistently exhibit a high level of customer service.
• Present a professional demeanor and possess a “Client-First” attitude.
• Strong customer service and organizational aptitude
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Be dependable, follow through on commitments, produce timely work, and be willing to pitch in to get the job completed
• Demonstrate ability to make decisions, lead people and manage resources
• Demonstrate positive, solution-oriented communication with a diverse population
• This position operates in a professional office setting with usage of standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently be walking during site visits. Employees may also be frequently sitting and/or standing.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations of assigned community
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
• Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
• Skill in business communication
• Skill in delivering excellent customer service
• Skill in strong problem solving and troubleshooting
• Ability to build strong working relationships with Team Members
• Ability to demonstrate tenacity and a strong determination in achieving both company and personal goals/objectives
• Ability to develop and maintain a supportive a communicative partnership with all Directors and Department Managers
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
• Ability to stay alert to potential problems and propose changes to policies and programs
• Ability to utilize different computer software
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
• Ability to cover Gatehouse and Iron Horse Gym
Education and Experience:
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Six months' legal and tactical experience in managing Homeowners Associations is preferred.
• Previous experience in the property management industry preferred
• Previous experience managing high-rise buildings preferred
• Previous supervisor/managerial experience required
• Strong customer service skills and experience
Regular full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick time, vacation time, and much more! All regular employees are encouraged to take 1 paid day off per year, as part of our Philanthropic Day of Service.
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.