POSITION IS FULLY REMOTE DURING COVID-19 but will be back in office in Bethesda upon return to normal.
Kythera Space Solutions is the leading provider of dynamic management systems for next generation satellite payloads. Sophisticated communication satellites with channelization and beam forming capabilities promise satellite operators and their customers extraordinary flexibility and newfound complexity. Kythera’s intelligent, real-time systems make it easy to harness the power of high-throughput satellites.
Kythera Space Solutions is seeking entry to mid-level software developers / engineers to design, build, test, and enhance complex, real-time software systems and products for our space solutions business. The work includes computationally intensive algorithm development based on streaming and polled data collection. Work includes learning satellite communications systems, including satellite constellations and, working with optimization engineers, developing customized optimization algorithms to maximize customer revenue and user performance.
If you are a creative thinker with outstanding design skills who enjoys collaborative cross-team and customer engagement, join the Kythera team developing next generation, satellite resource management optimization solutions.
• Create software and performance requirements from product requirements
• Design /develop new software or enhancements in line with software requirements
• Integrate and test software components
• Debug software and correct defects
Exceptional development, mathematical and problem-solving skills required. Successful candidates will have exposure to some combination of the following: object-oriented development, optimization and operations research, visualization, modeling and simulations, data structures, algorithm design, and optimization.
• Entry to 5+ years of experience in software and/or software product development
• Familiarity with multiple languages, including C / C++, Java
• Background in software application development on Linux, Windows and Web platforms
• Experience in both agile and incremental software engineering practices
• Experience in developing mission-critical or high availability real-time software a plus
Education: Bachelors or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical degrees with demonstrated experience
Candidates must have a proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, strategize on complex problems, and think outside the box to find solutions. Strong communication and writing skills are an absolute must. Candidates must also be self-motivated and self-managing of their workload and deliverable deadlines.
If this sounds like you and you enjoy working in a small company where every day is new, you see the impact of your contributions, and can collaborate with the best in the field, then please apply.
*** Must be a US Citizen ***