Greenville University is seeking to fill a full-time, tenure-track faculty position within the Department of Social Work that includes undergraduate online and face-to-face teaching, academic advising, and institutional service. This position will hold both administrative load directing the social work program as well as teaching load.
- Direct the department of Social Work in the area of CSWE Accreditation
- Lead the department in developing a new online Bachelor of Social Work program
- Teaching load includes online course development and primary teaching focus in Policies and Agencies, Child Welfare, Diversity Issues, Research Methods along with other Social Work courses.
- Contribute to GU’s mission: Christ-centered liberal arts higher education transforming students for lives of character and service. Faculty contribute to the University's mission beyond the classroom through activities such as committee/task force/teamwork, community development, or similar activities internally and externally, which enhance and advance exemplary academics, personal spiritual growth, and engagement with the world.
- Teach assigned undergraduate courses in accord with all standard policies and procedures using a variety of best practice teaching and learning strategies, including classroom and online technology, to enhance instruction.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate course curriculum, teaching-learning practices, and assess student learning outcomes.
- Engage students; maintain established office hours and be available to individual students for questions, coursework, consultations, and informal mentoring.
- Demonstrate a proven track record and ongoing experience in their field. Faculty members are also expected to engage in professional organization activities and scholarly work including, but not limited to, publications and presentations.
- Provide strategic thinking in fulfilling the goals of GU in support of the University Strategic Priorities as well as contribute effectively to the University community, external partners, and general audiences. Strong participation in faculty, committee, or other meetings is an integral part of this position.
- Add to the development of a Christ-centered community of learners and scholars. Continue to grow in personal commitment to and effectiveness in the integration of Christian faith and learning and provide effective servant leadership among faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Participate in extracurricular activities to support and encourage students, colleagues, and staff.
- Assist the dean with other duties as assigned.
- Master of Social Work required, Doctorate and Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- Passion for Christ-centered higher education and dedicated to the integration of faith and learning in their field. Deep commitment to student success.
- Three or more years of successful teaching experience is preferred, with a proven track record of student learning and engagement through previous classroom evaluations by students, faculty, and administration.
- Experience with CSWE accreditation
- Experience in developing online courses.
How to Apply:
Compliance with University Standards. All Greenville University employees acknowledge the unique Wesleyan, evangelical, and Protestant mission of the University, a community in which Christian faith is of central importance. Employees agree to promote the University's Mission (as set out in the Mission Statement); its Philosophy of Education and GC Student Learning Outcomes, support its Theological Assumptions and comply with the behavioral aspects of the Lifestyle Statement (collectively, the University Standards).
Application materials should include:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Statement of philosophy of Christian Higher Education
3. Statement of personal faith journey and commitment
4. Three letters of recommendation
5. Copies of official transcripts.
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies. Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Greenville University is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.