Catania Oils is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through four generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner. Whether you are looking for olive oil, vegetable oil or a specific blend or specialty oil you want a supplier that is known for their quality products, reliability and excellent service, which is precisely how we have built our strong reputation. When putting your name on a Catania product you can be assured of getting the quality and value needed to build a strong brand.
BLOW MOLDING OPERATOR
Job Title: Blow Mold Operator-2nd Shift
Supervisor: 2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor responsible for the proper operation of the Blow Molding machine on 2nd shift. Monitors performance, perform bottle quality inspections and correct quality defects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Sets up and operates blow-molding machine to mold plastic products according to specifications: Turns valves to start flow of water and release air pressure to machine.
2. Moves machine controls to set timing unit and temperature of heating unit and start automatic feed mechanism.
3. Performs machine change overs
4. Adjusts machine mandrel and aligns mandrel with mold chamber.
5. Starts molding machine that automatically feeds material from mixing unit to mandrel and to mold chamber.
6. Closes chamber to mold product under heat and pressure.
7. Removes workpiece from mold after timing device opens mold, and trims excess material from workpiece, using knife or bandsaw.
8. Regrinds excess material and unsatisfactory workpiece for reuse, using grinding machine
9. May weigh completed workpiece to determine accuracy of machine operation.
10. Additional responsibilities may be assigned and required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED; or 2 plus years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior machine operating experience, blow molding machine experience a plus. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to visually identify defective parts. Must be able to use computer and associated programs.
We are equal opportunity employer