Summary: Responsible for a variety of tasks that requires knowledge and/or ability to learn packaging equipment and assist when needed on major utility systems. Ability to progress and desire to learn of high importance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains machines with respect to bearings, assembly, disassembly, power transmission, rigging, and lubrication.
2. Effectively completes bench work utilizing common hand tools.
3. Can work effectively with an upper-class mechanic to work on electrical systems and components.
4. Learns to do rudimentary pipefitting of water, steam, and air lines with steel, plastic, and copper pipe materials.
5. Performs routing preventative maintenance on designated equipment. Will assist upper class mechanic on major overhauls. Learns to identify potential issues and reports these to the necessary persons.
6. Trains and learns most shop equipment and machinery.
7. Works with upper classification mechanic on job layouts and ordering of materials necessary to complete job.
8. Assists in troubleshooting and diagnosing most machine failures.
9. Prepares for work daily with complete set of hand tools as mandated by the supervisor’s list.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in work required.
• Personal qualities of tack and dependability required.
• Strong communication abilities, written and verbal.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma Required
• Trade School level of Electrical or Mechanical training preferred.
• Dairy Experience Preferred