Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment and physical structures of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
2. Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with the manager or other maintenance personnel to diagnose the problem or repair the machine.
3. Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
4. Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
5. Install and repair electrical and electronic apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical components of machinery and equipment.
6. Maintain control of parts and the computer tracking system.
7. Maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
8. Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
9. Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment such as programmable logic controllers.
10. Set up and operate machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools.
11. Operate welding equipment to cut or join metal parts as required.
12. Maintain test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment.
1. Maintain parts inventory.
2. Assist machine operators with non-technical questions.
3. Perform other duties as requested by management.
Welding equipment, cutting tools, pallet jack, floor and table top scales, grinder, drill press, lathe, hand tools, copy machine, telephone, and computer.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED, and one to two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively with vendors and group of employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variable situations.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must have an area of specialty to be determined such as in the electrical area where schematics are read and interpreted.
Must have good manual dexterity, attention to detail and the ability to follow directions.
Must be a good communicator and self-motivated.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Repetitive hand movements are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. and move at least 150 lbs. using a pallet jack.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy.