Who is Ideal Option?
Ideal Option is one of the nation’s largest providers of office-based opioid addiction treatment. Founded in 2012 by two emergency medicine physicians, today Ideal Option operates more than 65 outpatient clinics in 8 states. Ideal Option’s mission is to provide underserved populations with low-barrier access to evidence-based addiction treatment – saving lives, healing families, and helping communities.
Why choose Us?
We value our patients and our employees.
We treat our employees like we would want to be treated ourselves: with respect and compassion.
We value teamwork and support open, transparent communication.
What we offer:
• a dynamic business culture,
• comprehensive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability options,
• paid time off and paid holidays.
• Daytime hours, no call.
• Competitive pay.
The Role: Lab Analyst 1
Purpose of the position:
As part of a larger laboratory team performs a variety of moderate and waived testing to include screening toxicology drug analysis, in a clinic or laboratory setting.
The following functions have been determined by Ideal Option to be essential to the successful performance of this position which includes but is not limited to:
• Analyzes patient specimens by performing and verifying diagnostic medical laboratory tests and following department protocols.
• Performs and reports quality control on all instrumentation before reporting test results following established quality control policies and procedures.
• Performs simple periodic maintenance and troubleshooting on a variety of instruments and equipment and documents appropriately.
• Verifies all normal and abnormal results, correlates abnormal test results with other patient data, seeks pathologist or manager consultation if necessary, and notifies appropriate medical staff of test results.
• Maintains patients' medical records and verifies accuracy.
• Assists in ordering laboratory supplies and necessities to maintain appropriate level of inventory.
• Performs and report routine and STAT laboratory tests of moderate complexity.
• Complies with national PHI laws including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2.
• Maintains continual sustained attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Individual must be highly detail oriented and be able to apply toxicology experience to the evaluation of sample analysis.
• Must be able to support technical workers to provide an environment conductive to efficient operation.
• Strong typing skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients, their families, and communities.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Understand and adhere to the federal confidentiality regulations.