Woodruff is looking for an experienced UX ARCHITECT to join our team of marketing professionals. The UX architect’s role revolves around understanding and improving the user experience across digital properties. They must analyze and interpret user behavior related to an interactive digital experience and use that to inform the information architecture, sitemap and wireframes. Proactive and a natural collaborator, they work closely with all internal teams to ensure we have a strong foundation before moving forward with visual design, content creation and programming of any digital property.
This individual is a creative problem-solver with a passion for user-centered design. They can manage team dynamics and help spread the digital mindset throughout our company. They must embrace challenges, learn quickly and drive innovating thinking across the Digital team.
The ideal candidate has an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in information technology, digital design or other supported area is required. They also have five or more years of digital/marketing agency experience and two or more years of leadership and management experience.
This person could work from our Kansas City, MO or Columbia, MO office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze consumer behavior and patterns to improve usability and overall functionality across client digital properties.
- Develop information architecture, specifically for websites, landing pages and apps.
- Develop sitemaps and URL structures in collaboration with SEO and digital team members.
- Create low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes depending on the project need.
- Facilitate wireframe brainstorm sessions with cross-discipline team members.
- Run crawls and ensure digital properties meet ADA compliance.
- Define opportunities and methodologies for user experience testing, including card sorting exercises, prototype testing and more.
- Stay current on trends, best practices and digital experiences with an eye toward proactive opportunities for client growth.
- Participate in client meetings and lead digital presentations and discussion to support the Account Service team.
- Operate as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) and a go-to resource for building best-in-class digital experiences.
- Use data to inform decisions on strategic direction and plans.
- Recognize on-going optimizations to achieve bottom line results.
- Analyze performance against goals and providing recommendations for change as needed.
- Serve as an innovator, a trendsetter, a good listener and a progressive thinker who understands how digital is connected to every aspect of client business.
- Proactively educate, challenge and empower others throughout the company.
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep experience in user-centered design and is fluent in web and mobile information architecture.
- Working knowledge and experience with building sitemaps and wireframes using Adobe XD, Fluid UI, Sketch or other similar tools.
- Working knowledge and experience with digital CMS such as WordPress, Drupal and home-grown systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with a variety of user testing exercises.
- Well versed in WCAG 2.1, Level AA compliance.
- Well versed in SEO and how it can impact user experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS in order to help define functional solutions that are achievable.
- A passion to inspire and lead great technological design while sharing ideas in a team-oriented environment on cutting-edge projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Life-long learner with demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a proactive and positive manner, including sharing information in an easily digestible way with non-technical colleagues.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management to stay organized and meet deadlines.
Level II Supervisor Expectations
- Expectation setting, including new staff orientation, training, work assignment and work plans.
- Departmental responsibilities, including policy enforcement, OOO requests and adhering to hiring criteria
- Regular communication, including one-on-ones, conflict resolution, group motivation, philosophy guidance and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Employee enrichment, including goal setting, growth development plans, performance reviews and ongoing feedback.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in information technology, digital design or other supported area is required.
- Five or more years of digital/marketing agency experience is required.
- Two or more years of leadership and management experience is required.